WOMWDW: Volume 1 Issue 1: August 26, 2015


I decided that I didn't have enough progress this week to warrant a post. After a lot of brainstorming and trying to find a way to make enough progress in pretty much no free time, I thought I would take a stab at What's On My Desk Wednesday.  Please forgive my sad collage attempt above, I find Photoshop to be more difficult than it should be so I used my beloved Illustrator to make the sad sad collage.

Let's just get into the pictures up close and personal shall we?

First up, my actual craft desk. I have pulled some papers and supplies for a couple of cards. Also there is an errant jar of beads and a cleaning cloth for my iPad. I really need to eliminate the clutter because once I actually start making the card, there is stuff everywhere within a fifteen foot radius!

This looks a bit more manageable, but don't be fooled, it is cropped down for a reason! This is ideally where I will do my weekly planning and a lot of my coloring. It would also be a great place to write, but that hasn't happened yet. I really love this desk. It is super old and built to last. When I was in high school (and throughout college) I worked part time at a health care clinic in medical records. This teeny desk was the only real work surface we had. When a new building was built, we got a much nicer medical records area and my mom (who also worked at the clinic) purchased this desk for $25! (I think they would have given it to her, but she felt like she should pay). She got a steal of a deal. This is at least 40 years old and has every indication of surviving an apocalypse.

This is where I do the majority of my writing and Illustrator work, except I wear the glasses! You can see an empty Illustrator page just waiting for me to make some backgrounds.  That bottle? Excellent Green Tea!**

This is my "return". This pile is all the stuff I need to get through! Decipher some notes, pay some bills, put stuff away! My paper work is never done because I don't know how to get rid of paper! I am a paper hoarder.

I would show you my workdesk, but it is such a disaster I am actually ashamed. During the day when people come in, they just figure I am super busy with projects. When I leave at night, I look at it and think "tomorrow I will tackle this". Then tomorrow comes and the cycle repeats itself. I do try to leave it as tidy as I can each night and on Friday, I take the last two hours of my day to straighten it up. You know, in case I win the lottery or marry some rich movie star and don't return.

What's on your work desk today? Hit the comments and let me know and link me up to your site.

Find me all over social media @ldypngn (except periscope and snap chat because I am not cool enough to understand those sites!)

**I quit drinking pop (soda for those of you who follow that route) 19 days ago so I am drinking a lot of tea and water. Is there any tea's or other sugarless drinks that you like? Please leave your suggestions! I am trying to find a variety of drinks so I don't burn out (plus the tea above is a little on the $pendy side).

Happy What Day Is It Day to all of you. Until next time; Stay happy, stay cool, stay creative!

~h

Comments

Popular Posts