WiP Wednesday: Volume 1 Issue 1 - August 5, 2015

I have had an attack of starteritis recently. I took a long break from crafting, choosing instead to just be lazy and then hating myself for not doing stuff. It happens most of the year. In July I started making plans to get back to doing stuff that makes me happy. The result is a few projects to share today that are currently in progress.

First up is my Movie Blanket


In February I decided that I needed something I could work on while watching a movie, something that didn’t require any pattern following and could be done in the dark and without really looking at it. I dove into my stash and, after nearly drowning, I came up with a lot of Cotton Ease. I decided that I would randomly choose a ball (no matter how big or how small) and just go with it. I cast on 200 stitches on a size nine needle and got started. I knit a good chunk while watching Fifty Shades of Grey (I only watched it for pop culture purposes. I had read the books so that I could make commentary and felt that I had to watch the film to continue that commentary.)

I worked on it some during the viewing of Insurgent and then I didn’t watch movies for a few months (and by few I mean FOUR). I did another portion when I finally watched The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and then another little bit this past weekend when I watched The Bourne Legacy.

I now have set Tuesdays as movie night, so you should be seeing a bit more progress on this weekly.


Next I started these Wapato Wakens.



And by start I mean just that, I cast on and knit a couple of rows. I am thinking that these look a bit too small so I may have to frog and move up one size on the pattern. I am knitting for a friend (maybe) and she is quite small, but this cuff looks like it would fit her toddler! Also, I am not 100% sold on the yarn. I did not purchase this yarn, it was a “prize”.

Also on the needles is a Factory Girl



The thought behind this is to use all my little balls of worsted yarn and create a unique and quite possibly ugly scarf/cowl.  You can see how excited I have been to work on it.l

In April I cast on this dishtowel and have clearly been knitting away at it.



I have an overabundance of cotton yarn and my sister suggested that this would be a good way to use it up.


And finally this…



…is no longer. I photographed this last night, realized that my last row was off, tried to tink back and ended up frogging and salvaging the yarn. The yarn is Knit Picks Palette. I bought into a sampler co-op and after staring at a large bag of yarn, decided a scarf would be perfect. I settled on a reversible scarf pattern and then failed to realize I didn’t have enough left to finish a row AND weave in the ends, so I put it away.

It’s all good though because I was never really sold on the color progressions and now have a new plan. A much easier plan and a much more aesthetic plan! I am hoping to have a new photo next week.

About a year ago, I got into coloring. I LOVE it! I am a total adult coloring junkie! I have finished a few pieces, and this is one I currently am working on.



I am not 100% in love with it, I wish I had chosen different colors, but it is what it is and I will be finishing it at some point. It is taking a long time. One thing you don’t realize is how long it takes! I am probably two hours into this piece. (I am using Sharpie Ultra Fine markers for this piece)

Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment below on what you are working on.


Until next time: Stay Safe | Stay Happy

Comments

Popular Posts