Movie Monday: Volume 1 Issue 2: MI: Rogue Nation


Starring: Tom Cruise | Rebecca Ferguson | Jeremy Renner
Rated: PG-13     Released: July 31, 2015

Ethan, Brandt, Luther & Benji are back and this time they are hell bent on taking down the Syndicate – an international rogue organization that is as skilled as they are, also hell bent on their mission; taking down the Impossible Missions Force!

I love action movies. Watching a movie with a good plot but lots of action is so exciting to me. I love the energy I feel when I walk out of the theater. I love wanting to tell everyone about how much fun the movie is. And this movie did not disappoint.

One thing I love about the MI movies is the stunts are amazing. Sure a lot of it is unlikely, after all they are Impossible missions, but in Tom Cruise movies, they are as real as movies can get without being a documentary! The motorcycle chase scene you have seen in the previews? Amazing and thrilling. It was really energizing and terrifying at the same time.

If you are looking for laughs, MI Rogue Nation has them. You may have to pay close attention, but they are there and they will make you laugh when you think about them days later.  I know a lot of people are or were turned off by Tom Cruise and his Scientology ways. Some of the movies he made were a little iffy, as if he was trying too hard to get an Oscar. But since he embraced the funny side of himself, his movies have been a fun ride. If you didn’t see MI: Ghost Protocol, go watch that before you see Rogue Nation. If you want a taste of Tom embracing life and having fun, just watch his lip sync battle with Jimmy Fallon or his ALS Ice Bucket challenge from last year.

I don’t want to spoil Rogue Nation, so I am not going to go into any detail. But, one thing that totally blew my socks off was Alec Baldwin. I had no idea he was in the movie until I saw his name on the opening credits. And the end…goosebumps.


I tend to be a little harsh when it comes to handing out stars, but I have zero problems giving this movie the full FIVE STAR treatment because it was a FIVE STAR treatment to watch!


Comments

Popular Posts