Finished Friday: Volume 1 Issue 1: Two Cards Two Colors

I have two cards & two color pages to share in this week’s Finished Friday.


First up is the Lighthouse Card



 I had the idea to make a lighthouse card for my aunt’s birthday and I could not be happier with how it turned out.

I started with an A2 card (4 ¼” by 5 ½”) and folded it for a side opening. I then took Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood, and Hickory Smoke, squished them on my Ranger craft mat and added water. I drug a piece of Tim HoltzDistress Water Color Paper through to create the stormy seas background. I trimmed it to size and set it aside. I then stamped the lighthouse from Viva Décor At the Seaside stamp set onto watercolor paper with Ranger Archival Ink in JetBlack. I used a Tim Holtz Distress marker in Fired Brick to color the red stripes, spreading the color with my Tim Holtz detail water brush. I then dipped the brush lightly into Fossilized Amber for the lights. After I used a bit of Antique Linen to give a weathered/aged effect. After drying, I fussy cut the light house out and adhered it to the water background with Glossy Accents. Next I trimmed a piece of the watercolor background and stamped Happy Birthday from the Hero Arts CL582 stamp set in Chipped Sapphire. I wrapped some twine around the piece at the bottom before adhering to a navy blue mat stack (I do not have the name of the stack anymore). I then adhered that to the card base. I added an Anchor charm and a few light blue rhinestone bling before stamping the gulls from Lawn Fawn’s Float My Boat set in Archival Water Can ink


On the inside, I used a saying from Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Greetings set in Memento Paris Dusk and another image from the Viva Décor set in Tumbled Glass.


For the coordinating envelope, I used an 8 ½” by 11” sheet from a Recollections Stack. I cut it to size & shaped it using the We RMemory Keepers Envelope Punch Board.  Again I grabbed a scrap from the watercolor background and used Memento London Fog for the Viva Décor anchor image and Watering Can by Archival for the name and the Hero Arts DC136 letter stamps. 


My second card this week is also a birthday card.


Runway Birthday uses the Stampers Anonymous Runway stamp set, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass & Mermaid Lagoon for the model’s dress, Offray trim (sorry I cannot find a link. I did pick these up at Walmart), Freckled Fawn Rhinestones (I cannot locate these on the FF website. I am thinking they might be discontinued. I received them in a grab bag), Simon Says Stamp Happy stamps, Archival Ink Jet Black, Versamark Embossing Ink, Zing embossing powder ingrapefruit, Ki Rhinestones, scrap vellum, DCWV Tres Chic mat stack, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink and Wink of Stella Clear.

I started by stamping the Runway model onto cardstock with Archival Jet Black ink, the second generating stamping the image again. I used the second generation image and colored the dress using Tumbled Glass on the dress. I then added some shading using Mermaid Lagoon. After the image had dried I fussy cut it out and then applied some Antique Linen to tone down the brightness of the white. I adhered a Paris theme mat card to the pre-cut card base. I placed the model and adhered it with Glossy Accents. I then trimmed a pink piece of Offray gathered ribbon and adhered it again using Glossy Accents. I trimmed a scrap piece of Tres Chic cardstock, stamped and embossed happy birthday on a piece of vellum, embossed it with Zing’s grapefruit. I attached that to the trimmed piece of cardstock, using double sided tape. To cover the tape marks, I trimmed and punched a matching piece of the bottom layer cardstock. After adhering that to the ribbon, I “topped” it off with two large Freckled Fawn rhinestones.




I used the same inside sentiment in the Memento Paris Dusk and a Hampton Art face image in Memento London Fog.


For the coordinating envelope, I again went with the Recollections mat stack and trimmed and created it with the punch board. I used Antique Linen and stamped an Eiffel tower image from Fiskars Teresa CollinsParis stamp set.

My final two finished pieces are both color pieces.

The first is Leo the Great


I used my all time favorite Sharpie Ultra Fine markers for this image and topped his crown with a few blue rhinestones. I trimmed it to fit a 5x7 frame. I am in love with him and am apprehensive about parting with him, but he is a gift. I believe this took around an hour to an hour and a half to complete.



For my second image, I went outside my comfort zone and went with a rainbow scheme. I used the ROY G BIV series, moving from one "set" to what I thought would be the next logical set. For this I used the Bic Mark It markers and I actually really love this! I am not a big "rainbow" fan, but this I really love.  This piece took somewhere around four hours I believe. I did it over a few settings with Netflix streaming in the background.


And that is what I have this week. I am hoping to have a finished yarn object next week, along with another card and possibly another color page. It will all depend on how the week goes!

Thanks for reading. Leave me any feedback in the comments. You can always find me on instagram: @LdyPngn and on Facebook: LdyPngn oh and Twitter: @LdyPngn


Comments

Popular Posts