Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Change the World

If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change and why?


This is going to sound crazy, but the one thing I would change is the...advancement of certain technology. I don't want to end medical technology and advancement in curing disease & illnesses. But at the same time, I don't want to reanimate people.

The advancements I am talking about are more related to communications. Enough with the cell phone upgrades! It is kind of crazy that 30 years ago, a cordless phone was huge; now 8 year olds have smart phones. Anyone with a computer and Wifi can find you if they have your coordinates. Sometimes people don't want to be found. 

I fear that the future is going to be illiterate and won't be able to function without the Internet & talking phones & computers. Instead of realizing that # is the pound or number sign, most teenagers & younger think it is "hashtag". Sigh.

It is not to say that I don't love technology, heck I am writing a blog post on a PC, not a typewriter, although I do still have one that works. Even as I type I am watching General Hospital online. Conveniences I love and would be unpleasant to live without, but I am fortunate to know that I could survive. I could still read & write. I could wait 12 hours to get the news. I could call a friend (provided I get a landline) and talk to them to find out where they are. 

The age of text language is upon us and thankfully there is Google, for those of use who don't KWIM*. 

Sure, there are a lot of things I could change about the world, I could choose to end fighting, abolish automatic weaponry, end hunger, end homelessness, but in looking towards the future, to save our youth and our sanity, I think technology needs to be slowed down and we need to appreciate what we have instead of constantly trying to one up each other.

If you could change something, what would it be? Leave me a comment.

*Know What I Mean

Today's post is a little late because of technology. My day was a bit derailed by my work computer giving up on life. He could no longer handle technology. Things are better now, I am home with my functioning technology and all is right with the world...

Follow me here:

twitter: @LdyPngn
Instagramldypngn
facebookLady Penguin

No comments: