What bit of advice would you give to your 8 year old self?
Look here, you are eight years old. You have it so easy now, but if you don’t make the right choices beginning now, life is going to be hard and miserable. So here is my advice to you:
- Don’t be so afraid. You got hurt once, it doesn’t mean you have to stop trying things. Be brave.
- Read. A lot.
- Find your craft early. Maybe not today, but don’t dawdle.
- Try hard in school. Sure it comes easy, but give it your best effort & be successful.
- Run, play, swim; whatever you do, STAY ACTIVE
- You don’t have to be like everyone else. Be different, be yourself. You will be happier.
- Learn to say no. You don’t have to make everyone happy 100% of the time.
- Write. Every day. Just put the pen to the paper (before you know it, technology will take over) and write.
- Don’t be afraid of rejection or failure. You will find that by being afraid, you fail yourself time and time again.
- Finish what you start. You might be surprised.
- Tell everyone you love, that you love them, a lot.
- Recognize the special moments & document them.
- Take more pictures
- Save your money.
- Boys do not have cooties. Well not all of them.
- Save all of those cool toys you have now because in thirty years they will be priceless or very expensive on ebay.
- Don’t complain about childhood, adulthood is not all you think it is.
- If you fall, get back up, dust yourself off and don’t cry.
- This may sound crazy, but one day you will understand: Don’t get into internet fights!
Love yourself now so that you can love yourself forever.
Follow me & me here:
facebook: Lady Penguin