Pages

Monday, February 03, 2014

SMASH 2.3

Day 3: SMASH Challenge

2.3.14 - Inspirational Quote


It was hard to pick just one, so I picked three that really speak to me.

1. "In the midst of order, there is disorder". In my first college course (Criminology), the instructor wrote this quote on the board the first day and ever since I have held onto it. It serves to remind me that no matter how organized someone/something is, there is always a mess behind it. The author is unknown. I think I have searched before but have never found it.

2. "Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin was a very powerful thinker/influencer. This is becoming my new motto. As a person who always worries and anticipates the worst, this is something to hold onto. I want to strive to live this quote every time I feel that paranoia/panic/pressure coming on.

3. "When you blame others, you give up the power to change." WOW! I never really thought of it like that. I try really hard not to blame others. I own my mistakes. That is how you learn. I work with several blamers and after reading this, I don't want to be that person. I want to CHANGE, I want to be better and blameless.

No comments: