Pages

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Summer Reading Challenge



I tend to read a lot more during the summer than I do throughout the rest of the year. I aim to read a book a week every January and this year I was lucky to finish a book a month. But then June came around and I finished four books in the final two weeks, so there you go. I am sure it has to do with me being a total homebody during the summer and not wanting to set foot outside. I am not a fan of summer at all. I am perfectly happy to hole up in the air conditioned house and read.

 I decided to set forth a summer reading challenge for myself. I am not doing any particular order, because it just depends on what I am in the mood for. I have a lot of new genre books on my list but a few of my old mystery genre standbys as well.
Summer Reading Challenge – The List
  1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  2.  Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  3. Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (yes it is smut, but I really enjoyed the first book in the series)
  4. Ashes to Ashes by Tami Hoag (an older book that is the first in a series)
  5.  Bad Blood by John Sandford (trying to catch up on the Virgil Flowers series)
  6.  Silver Linings Playbooks by Matthew Quick (the movie is on my challenge and I want to read the book first)
  7.  Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  8. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  9. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  10. Shockwave by John Sandford
  11. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  12. Ask for It by Sylvia Day
  13. Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day
  14. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  15. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  16. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
  17. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
  18. Locked by Maya Cross
  19. Life Before Legend by Marie Lu


I really don’t think I will finish 19 books this summer, especially when I know some of them are quite a bit longer that some of my usual books. But I am going to try to read as many as I can.

As always, I reserve the right to change my mind and I have since I first wrote out my initial list. I added a few and subtracted a few to better suit my mind at the moment.


Do you read more or less during the summer months?  What is on your summer reading list? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goos Luck with your summer reading. I was shocked to see some of the booksare ones that I have read. As you know I have read the Hunger Games books and then I went onto both the Veronica Roth books. I really liked them and am now awaiting the third one, Allegiant. Cinder was pretty good and if you like it continue with Scarlet. City of Bones was good enough that I continued to read City of Ashes and City of Glass and then onto Clockwork Angel. I may continue with these if I ever just need something to read. They kind of started to fall a little flat as they continued. I just finished up The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey which is more YA Sci-Fi, but it was really good. The few fiction/literature books that I have read have been so blahhh so lately I have been reading mostly YA fiction, Historical Fiction (can't wait for the new Outlander book by Diana Gabladon), Cozy Mysteries or Middle grade readers (to the boys). Happy reading~dawn