I tend to read a lot more during the summer than I do throughout the rest of the year. I aim to read a book a week every January and this year I was lucky to finish a book a month. But then June came around and I finished four books in the final two weeks, so there you go. I am sure it has to do with me being a total homebody during the summer and not wanting to set foot outside. I am not a fan of summer at all. I am perfectly happy to hole up in the air conditioned house and read.
I decided to set forth a summer reading challenge for myself. I am not doing any particular order, because it just depends on what I am in the mood for. I have a lot of new genre books on my list but a few of my old mystery genre standbys as well.
Summer Reading Challenge – The List
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (yes it is smut, but I really enjoyed the first book in the series)
- Ashes to Ashes by Tami Hoag (an older book that is the first in a series)
- Bad Blood by John Sandford (trying to catch up on the Virgil Flowers series)
- Silver Linings Playbooks by Matthew Quick (the movie is on my challenge and I want to read the book first)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Shockwave by John Sandford
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Ask for It by Sylvia Day
- Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
- The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
- Locked by Maya Cross
- Life Before Legend by Marie Lu
I really don’t think I will finish 19 books this summer, especially when I know some of them are quite a bit longer that some of my usual books. But I am going to try to read as many as I can.
As always, I reserve the right to change my mind and I have since I first wrote out my initial list. I added a few and subtracted a few to better suit my mind at the moment.
Do you read more or less during the summer months? What is on your summer reading list?