Sunday Share: May 12, 2013

A few weeks ago I was browsing the Knit Picks Lovers forum on Ravelry and stumbled upon a Palette Co-Op. I was intrigued and decided to sign up for a 10 yd share.

The way it works is the organizer, in this case Sara, takes sign ups and yardage requests (5, 10, 15, 20 yard increments). When the co-op was full she ordered the yarn and then settled in and measured, cut and wrapped/skeined 150 balls of KP Palette yarn and then she shipped them all out in record time! I was amazed at how fast it all went.

The reason I was really interested is not that I needed another 1500 yards of yarn. Because believe me I do not. I have worked with Palette several times and I love it. Sure I wish it was a superwash wool, but I am more than happy to hand wash what I make from it. There are, like I said 150 colors and now I have a little bit of each color.


Admittedly I did not plan on what I would make with 10 yard increments, so I am just admiring it for now. I know I can do the Bee Keeper's hexagons, but I don't want to. I don't want those. I am thinking maybe mini mitered squares or mini flat hexagons. I plan on experimenting with cutting some 10 yd increments of some Palette colors I already have.

I can see just from looking through the bag there are some colors that are just to gorgeous.

If you have any ideas for 10 yd projects in fingering weight, please let me know. I am super open to ideas!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day, whether you are an actual mother or not. I had a lovely day with my mom.

Comments

Popular Posts