Thursday, May 30, 2013
Saturday, May 18, 2013
- I am a little annoyed that Cara’s secret still isn’t out. I blame it on rebooting the show with a time jump. Usually the audience is aware of the secret, but they haven’t clued the audience in yet.
- So glad Dixie finally clued AJ in to the fact that his father, JR has been in a coma for five years and that is why he didn’t recognize him.
- And speaking of JR, he seems to be going home from the hospital in a hurry. He’s in a coma for five years, wakes up and goes home the next day?
- This sex slave thing needs to be wrapped up in a hurry, I can’t handle Cassandra crying all the freaking time. Plus I am so over the half-naked people.
- I think if JR was going to go to jail, he would already be there. I am sure they have medical wards in Pennsylvania penitentiaries.
- Only took two weeks for me to really hate David again.
- We all know that Miranda is going to find out about her paternity soon right? I mean why else bring it up?
- Cinnamon is Lea, who up until now we have only seen in the opening credits. How did the FBI not know that the people they are investigating for money laundering are also in the sex slave business?
- I really can’t stomach Pete & Celia. It is all to sugary sweet and just so Disney.
- David is going to go into the corporate world? Really? I know he can’t practice medicine, but still…
- So Victor is leaving town? Does that mean they didn’t sing Trevor St. John to a contract?
- I am assuming that Prospect Park and The Online Network got a HUGE deal from Apple because everyone is using a Mac product. EVERYONE
- There is a lot of skin and drinking on this show. I am not sure showing youngsters getting bombed and stripping is really the way to peddle to the young crowd.
- So the pairings will be Jeffery & Destiny and Dani & Matthew. Just in case you didn’t see the blatant writing on the wall.
- So this nightclub thing is going to be a real presence in OLTL 2.0 and apparently that is the only place you are going to see Cutter, Rama & Natalie.
- Victor isn’t very good at killing people. And what person uses the worst return on a web search? He probably used Bing instead of Google.
- Nice to see that they are finally getting to the dead person from episode one.
- Did Natalie even study forensics? Because her handling of evidence is atrocious. Watch an episode of CSI people!
- What’s the rush Clint is in to marry Viki? It’s not like she is pregnant and unwed. Plus they have been down the marriage road before? And why doesn’t he give her money for The Banner? He must have some if he is going to jet her off to Paris and buy a whole new wardrobe with a personal shopper.
- Yeah, Jack is pretty screwed up DNA wise. I mean look at what a little witch Starr was when she was younger. And Jack is/was a bully. It’s not like Blair is an angel, and we all know what Todd/Victor is capable of, so yeah he is screwed up.
- Are they going to do a Catfishing storyline with Matthew & “Michelle”? Because that is really getting played out.
- Wow. Lanview Crime Lab works as fast as the CSI Miami lab. DNA in a day? Not even a full day!
- You would have thought Victor would have cleared the browser history on Tea’s computer.
- Who’s watching Lanview citizens? And how did he/she get a camera in everyone’s house? Cable guy?
- Seriously I know everyone is supposed to hate Brit, because every show needs that, but I have never wanted to punch someone so much in my entire life. Maybe it would be different if she were pretty, but she’s not. She needs to just GTFO.
- Um, how far is NYC from Port Charles? Because it seems that Michael got to Morgan pretty damn fast.
- And why didn’t anyone try to track Morgan’s phone to NYC? It was on the entire time! CSI reruns for the writers at GH!
- I am not a fan of Felix.
- This relish thing needs to go away in a hurry. How long has this been going on? A year? Five? They are completely wasting Tracy and AJ. They should have had them be co-CEO’s of ELQ. That could have been so entertaining, but instead they do this stupid relish thing just to bring in the lead in show The Chew? I want to barf like the Chew hosts all did.
- Did they sign Tyler Christopher’s chest to a contract? That is the only reason I can think of for him to be shirtless 98% of the time. I’m not saying it’s not a nice chest, I am just seeing too much of it.
- And speaking of Nik’s Chesticles. Kudos to the writers for Tracy’s jab about his half nakedness and daytime drama. Spot on!
- The OLTL Trio returned to Port Charles on Monday all sporting new looks as if that would make us forget they were Todd, Starr & John.
- All three made brief appearances not in Port Charles, but in New York City and now they are all going to transplant to Port Charles?
- Kiki? Love the dark hair. But her character is so hateable right from the start. Plus isn’t it going to be kind of gross when she separates from Morgan and then hooks up with Michael? You know that will happen because the fans loved Starr with Michael.
- Uh Silas…Steven/Caleb didn’t resemble you, he had your exact everything!
- I loved the Connie/Olivia dynamic/relationship holding the bad guy “hostage”. They were a breath of fresh air in the staleness of the Morgan gambling storyline.
- Why did neither Carly or AJ think about telling Tracy the reference to them sleeping together was about their past hookup that produced Michael instead of being so transparent?
- I thought it would be fun to have Scotty back, but he is just so insecure and jealous. Be a man.
- I would love for Luke & Tracy to get back together. I think they play of each other so well and are always entertaining.
- The Nickolas/AJ/Elizabeth thing has been done before but it was Lucky/Jason/Elizabeth.
- Is GH the first soap of rewind aging? I could swear the last time I saw Cameron he was much older than he now appears.
- Why isn’t Lucy at the wedding? She is like Scott’s BFF, even if she is his ex.
- I would like to know how long they are going to draw this Lulu lost memory thing out. I realize they did it because of the change in actresses and all, but seriously it is getting old. She is always in a t-shirt and underwear at Milo’s studio and he is always shirtless. I would think she would want to get out and about a little bit. Maybe buy some pajamas. Also isn’t Wyndymere going to bring back some bad memories? It is not like anything good has ever happened there.
- Y&R has decided to kill off legendary character Kay Chancellor after her portrayer, Jeanne Cooper’s passing last week. The storyline will come to fruition in late summer.
- A special tribute to Cooper will air in the regular Y&R timeslot on May 28th.
- Look for Dimitri Marick to resurface in Pine Valley, as Michael Nader has signed with AMC. It is reported that Brooke hires him to head up a division of Chandler Industries.
- Susan Lucci is scheduled to sit down with Prospect Park in an attempt to bring Erica Kane back to Pine Valley.
- It looks like one of the characters behind Cassandra’s kidnapping on AMC is none other than daytime’s best pimp Billy Clyde Tuggle as Matthew Cowles reprises his role. Who I honestly cannot remember.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
That is my dear sweet Cooper and his security friend Sabrina. Usually he pulls her out when he needs some sense of security. This was on Saturday as I was putting away groceries.
This is Elliott getting ready for bed. He doesn’t like when the light is on, so he puts his head where he can to block the light.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- 24 is coming back for a limited series run. Fox will launch a 12 hour mini-series in replace of a 24 movie. The format will still be the same, but 12 “filler” hours will be cut to allow for the shortened run.
- I admit to skipping the final two episodes of NCIS. I have never been a fan of the time honored witch hunt and I am not going to start now. I miss the days of them solving actual murders and stuff.
- Can you blame Walter for wanting a divorce from Moira on Arrow? She kept him in the dark, lied to him, had him kidnapped and then is all like, “No Walter. I love you.” Uh, yeah, I don’t think so.
- Is Felicity the best character on Arrow? Yes, yes I think she is.
- Does anyone else get the feeling that Tommy is going to morph into some sort of Arrow sidekick?
- Laurel has curtains; perhaps she should close them so that anyone on the street can’t spy her knocking boots with Oliver.
- Can Bonnie finally be really dead on The Vampire Diaries? Please? She is a whiner and I am not a fan of those.
- Alaric returned and not a moment to soon. I would gladly exchange Bonnie for Alaric. Make it happen TVD PTB (The Vampire Diaries Powers That Be)
- I wanted Silas to not be just some old pile of melted flesh. I thought he would be a really svelt man that you weren’t quite sure whether to hate or be all hot for.
- Can Stefan and Caroline just do it already? Because they dynamic between them is getting stale.
- Something tells me they gang will make it to graduation just in the nick of time.
- A Super Storm in Seattle? Really? I think I am more surprised it took this long.
- I am so happy that Alex didn’t nearly kill Chest Pecwell. And I don’t get Shepard’s beef with Alex over the whole thing at the end. He didn’t really blackmail him, he more or less told him the truth…you will always be the guy that beat up the girl. No matter what she did to him. It’s the truth!
- And Shepard would have done the same thing, so he doesn’t get to be all self-righteous.
- I wish Bailey’s husband would take her back to LA with him. I can’t stand her whining. And watching an old episode last week, I realized she has always been this way. Plus, she is always quick to blame someone else instead of owning her mistakes.
- Could Owen have shipped out the happy family any quicker? Geez dude I know you wanted the kid, but Christina did exactly what you asked her to do!
- I still really wish Arizona would have died in that plane crash. Now we are going to have to go through the whole thing with her cheating on Callie and it is a bunch of women crying and begging for forgiveness. They should spin that off into a new daytime drama, that I won’t be tuning in to.
- Dear Scandal, WTF? Every time you answer one big question, you develop 60 new ones. Stop it
- I am really over the entire Fitz/Olivia thing. Either be together or don’t be together. I don’t care which. I am just sick of the “you hurt me”, “you hurt me”, “I can’t be without you” back and forth. I am left to wonder how either of them makes it in the world of politics because they lack backbones.
- So, um Charlie is still out there and he is NOT working with Billy Chambers.
- But David is. So the question is, how long has David been working with Billy? And who let Billy live?
- I believe the writers who write Cyrus are bipolar. One minute you enjoy him, the next he is a ginormous dick who makes his husband cry.
- I get the feeling the mysterious black man in the trench coat isn’t working for the US government. He told Jake to stay close to the president, which leads me to believe he was planted long before he showed up on screen.
- We still don’t know why Aaron is in the book or even when the book was written!
- Uh, I don’t know what those magical little lights are that completely reconstruct a smashed leg in seconds, but I do know a NHL superstar that could totally use that in his mouth. I’m thinking of you Sid.
- Bass isn’t having a lot of luck these days. He looks like he needs a hug.
- I really thought Jason would die. Or maybe I just hoped for it. Either way, I am disappointed.
- And dear sweet Nora. She is in a world of shit right now.
- I am so thankful that Castle didn’t do the split between Beckett interviewing and the case work.
- The season finale seemed to lack those little laughs I am so used to having each episode. Even the dramatic Alexis kidnapping episode had some laughs.
- I am never sure if I am a fan of the cliffhanger or not. In this case it makes total sense that they would end it the way they did. I will be interested to see if there is a time jump in the season premiere in September.
- With the action of the last few season finales, it was sort of nice to have a more toned down ending.
Sorry I am missing links today. I am having some spotty internet issues. Hopefully things will be on track next week.
I am already starting on next week's T.V. Talk Tuesday and a special edition that is tentatively scheduled for Monday, so be on the lookout.
I would love to know your thoughts. Hit the comments below. Happy viewing.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
The way it works is the organizer, in this case Sara, takes sign ups and yardage requests (5, 10, 15, 20 yard increments). When the co-op was full she ordered the yarn and then settled in and measured, cut and wrapped/skeined 150 balls of KP Palette yarn and then she shipped them all out in record time! I was amazed at how fast it all went.
The reason I was really interested is not that I needed another 1500 yards of yarn. Because believe me I do not. I have worked with Palette several times and I love it. Sure I wish it was a superwash wool, but I am more than happy to hand wash what I make from it. There are, like I said 150 colors and now I have a little bit of each color.
Admittedly I did not plan on what I would make with 10 yard increments, so I am just admiring it for now. I know I can do the Bee Keeper's hexagons, but I don't want to. I don't want those. I am thinking maybe mini mitered squares or mini flat hexagons. I plan on experimenting with cutting some 10 yd increments of some Palette colors I already have.
I can see just from looking through the bag there are some colors that are just to gorgeous.
If you have any ideas for 10 yd projects in fingering weight, please let me know. I am super open to ideas!
I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day, whether you are an actual mother or not. I had a lovely day with my mom.
Friday, May 10, 2013
Welcome to Friday Focus. Since I was running out of ideas for Friday Favorites, I thought instead I could focus on one thing. Much easier than coming up with a list of favorite things. Also it is wide open topic wise as is evidenced by today's post.
Let's jump in. And yes it is still technically Friday where I am...
I have been trying to find a way to manage my tasks and life with MS Outlook. Here is this amazing program that I use every single day and I am not using it to anywhere near its potential. I started at work since that is where I use email the most and where I have more things to keep track of.
I always have my open page set to Outlook Today. I like to have a glimpse of what's ahead. Here you can see the only thing happening today was pay day (very important to have that on my calendar). Nothing is scheduled for the next few days. Usually there are room reservations on here. We don't have a fully functional setup at work that utilizes out of office replies, or fully functional scheduling. But we are now using the limited scheduling feature to announce out of office days and reservations for our conference and training rooms. It is working quite well I think. I like knowing who is in and out of the office each day. There are still some that are reluctant to use it, but we try to work with those people.
I also schedule some personal appointments on my calendar since it is not able to be viewed by others.
You can't see it, but I have the Penguins Playoff games scheduled.
Next, I have been making great use of the Tasks feature.
I track my AR each month and can monitor those that are "past due" easily. What is great is that I can keep notes in the task detail portion about any phone calls/correspondence. So far it has been working great and I keep up to date on getting us paid. There are still a few recurring tasks in there, reminders of once-a-month type things that are easily lost in the bustle of daily tasks.
One thing that carries through from work to home is the way I organize my emails.
I have a folder for each month numbered 01 through 12 to correspond with our fiscal periods and year (July is 01 and June is 12). In these I keep requests, memos, credit card purchases, etc.
There are a few things I keep in their own folder: Billing; Grants; Corporate; Invoices. It helps immensely when I can just go to a folder and search by person, date, subject. I have used this system for a few years now and have had zero problems with it. To keep it tidy, I delete emails in the folders at the beginning of each month (May 2012 information was deleted May 1, 2013). If I have accessed it in a year, I don't need to keep it.
My Inbox looks like this:
I keep emails that I have to respond to, perform an action, or orders that have not arrived yet. I only move something after I have completed the task. At the beginning of the month, this gets pretty full. I hate having a full inbox, so I clean it at least weekly, usually twice a week. I am thinking about exploring the flag system within Outlook to handle emails more timely.
At home, I am implementing a similar system with tasks and the calendar (with the exception of Out of Office and Room Reservations. There is no need to schedule my bedroom for sleeping each night).
If you can read it, ignore the 2:00 - 8:00 scheduling of the Penguins game on Saturday. The start time depended upon another series and that was the range it could be between. In case you want to watch, it begins at 7:00 pm EST, 5:00 MDT.
I am just starting to use the task feature so it is still a work in progress, but I decided to highlight (ALL CAPS) the different categories so at first glance I could see where I needed to spend my time. I like having a due date to keep me on track.
Similar to work, I have folders to organize the email I hold on to. I use the following:
- Bills/Invoices/Receipts for online purchases with subcategories for specific vendors.
- Family for photos, gift lists, etc.
- Funnies for those joke type emails that make me laugh
- Help/Tutorials/Tips & Tricks is mostly for knitting related stuff
- Ideas & Inspiration is mostly filled with pattern & gift ideas. It needs to be completely gutted though.
- Patterns are for patterns I have purchased that are emailed and not through Ravelry
- Registration/Subscriptions is mostly for password resets and login information when I sign up for a new site
- School is for all things learning related
- To Do is a touchy one. I throw things in there that I am tired of seeing in my inbox. It is on the list for May to be completely gutted and dealt with.
- WW/Health is for all things that are of interest for weight loss and health. Sadly I don't access that folder enough.
Thursday, May 09, 2013
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Hit the comments and let me know what you think/thought of James Patterson & the Women's Murder Club.
Monday, May 06, 2013