The One with the House Cup


I wanted to take part in the Knit & Crochet Blog Week last year, but as is my m.o., I waited too long & forgot all about it. This year, I put it on my calendar.

The first "topic" is to pick your House.


From Eskimimi:

A bit like Harry Potter, but not quite, this year’s Knitting & Crochet Blog Week is split into 4 houses. Don your favourite knitted or crocheted hat and let it guide you to which house you will be in.

The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.

The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.

The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.

The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.


I am not a Harry Potter enthusiast, so I am not sure what the "house" thing really is, but I spent a lot of time studying the different Knit/Crochet Houses.

I have chosen the...


I am pretty calm & relaxed. Actually I have been so calm & relaxed, I haven't been knitting a whole lot! I am definitely not flashy & have a huge affection for all things comfy. And who can resist a cute manatee? Right?

It was hard because I so wanted to be a Monkey. And while I do like a challenge, I tend to shy away from them when knitting (hello welts & intarsia bag that was frogged as soon as it was cast on).

I kind of thought I might be a bee at first because I have been printing off pattern after pattern & feel the need to cast on a project with every pair of needles and every ball of yarn I own. (Hello three blankets in progress, teddy bear in progress, baby dress in progress, curtain in progress, wrap in progress, scarves in progress).

In the end I think I am more of a Manabee but for the week I am going to align myself with the sea cow, whom I am sure would love to wear sweats as much as I do (hello elastic waistband).

Who are you aligning with this week? Are you a flashy peacock, because I haven't seen any of those yet!


Comments

steph said…
This looks like so much fun! I wish I had known about it earlier!!!! I'll be following you!

Popular Posts