Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The One with Color Tendencies


Welcome to Day 4!

From Eskimimi Makes:

4KCBWDAY4 Colour ReviewWhat are your favourite colours for knitted or crocheted projects. Have a think about what colours you seem to favour when yarn shopping and crafting.

Only after writing this part of your post should you then actually look to see what colours you have used in your projects. Make a quick tally of what colours you have used in your projects over the past year and compare it to the colours you have written about. Compare this, in turn, to the colours that are most dominant in your yarn stash – do they correlate?

Now think back to your house animal - do the colours you have chosen relate to your animal in anyway - if you are in the house of peacock, for example, are your projects often multicoloured and bright?


My initial gut response is neutrals! Grey mostly, but some ivory, white, navy. Navy's a neutral right?  But that's not really all that correct. I love to look at the purples. Always the purples. A few blue & green skeins catch my eye. Lately orange has been on my radar. But that could just be an anomaly. I think it is because it is bright and this year has seemed so dark. That also could be an anomaly considering I rarely turn on lights. Meh...on to the task at hand.

In reality the only color I ever really rule out is pink. I just don't like pink.

Looking in my stash, I think I am pretty varied in the colors I have. A little bit of everything.


Some grey, taupe, red, purple, a little variegated. Good range.


Red, green, black, more purple variegated.


Some dishcloth yarn, purple & blues, some bright hippy dippy oh and hey look, some pink.


There's the grey. And the purple. Actually those two purple tones & the grey are for a Color Affection.


Brown, purple, some greeny baby yarn.

See, I am pretty well rounded. This by no way begins to showcase my stash. These were just a few drawers that were somewhat organized and not blocked by piles of crap!

What are your color tendencies? Hit the comments and let me know.


No comments: