Pages

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Saturday Share: March 2, 2013

I mentioned in my WiP Wednesday post that there was a new local yarn store. Stitches opened in September and mostly runs on word of mouth. I made my first trip last Saturday as it was one of the Saturdays they were open.

The selection is nice. It is small, but it is all good quality yarn at fair prices. I didn't have a specific project in mind, I was mostly just checking it out, getting a feel for it. I knew I would be back though. I knew that I would be making a purchase or several!

I went back on Wednesday afternoon to pickup this set of DPNs


The Harmony 6" set from Knit Picks. It sold for the KP online price and had the added benefit that I didn't have to wait for the postman to bring it.

I also picked up the supplies for their March KAL


(Needle and bag were already mine).

I have been wanting to knit with the Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino, but never had a specific product or yardage amount in mind. The Winding River Cowl is the perfect yarn for it. Karolee had a sample knit up in a dark brown colorway of the baby cashmerino. I knew I wanted something light and soft in color and this lilac called to me straightaway. I am excited to cast on this weekend and get started. I plan on featuring it in WiP Wednesday posts as well as a Saturday Share later in the month. I need to have the finished cowl to the store by March 30th to be included in a drawing for a gift certificate.

I look forward to picking up some Mountain Colors yarn from Stitches as well. She has some gorgeous colorways. I am just looking for the perfect project.

It is very exciting to have our very own LYS. The closest ones were a minimum of an 90 minute drive away. I hope more knitters come out of the woodwork and support this hidden treasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh, I can't wait to check it out!!!!!