Pages

Friday, March 08, 2013

Friday Favorites: Volume 1 Issue 9

T.G.I.F am I right? I can't complain too much, this week wasn't so bad. But it is always nice to get to that quitting time mark on a Friday and know that you don't have to get up early and wear heels (not that I really wear heels all that much). What's not nice is that I lose an hour of my weekend due to Daylight Savings Time. They really should have that start at say 3:00 p.m. on Friday, or better yet, Monday! Not in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

But, I am not here to beat to death the saga of Daylight Savings. I am here to share my favorite...

APPS!!!!!

I figure since I spend so much of my down time on my iPad and now iPhone that I could share with you some of my go to apps.


First is Instagram. I love this app so much. I love peeking into the lives of others and what is great is that there is a huge variety of people and groups out there on IG. The Penguins post regular photos from warm ups and practices, as do the New York Rangers. Different celebrities also have Instagram accounts and you can see what they are up to. I love taking a little mid-morning or late afternoon (you never know how a day will go) break and catching up.



Tweetbot is the best twitter app there is. Hands down, the best. The thing I love the most is that you get a preview of a picture in a post so you can decide if you want to view it full screen or not. I wish the online twitter would figure this out. I am on twitter during just about every Penguins game & on their off nights. I actually have it open on my iPad next to me right now because Colorado is playing Chicago & it is 4-1 Avs. And since Chicago has not had a regulation loss this season...well it's kind of big news.

I have to tell you that at first I thought twitter was stupid, but then I got an account and started following people and now I just love it. There is nothing that feels better than making a comment and having it retweeted. Well there are a ton of things better than that, but that is at the top in twitterland.



I use Google Reader as my RSS reader of choice for blogs and the mobile version leaves something to be desired. I searched for an app and finally found Mr. Reader. He is awesome. He has the no-frills stripped down Reader version, but with just a touch, you are looking at the web version. I love it. He even allows you to follow links easily. If there is a better app out there, I would love to know what it is! Because this guy is tops in my book.


I found Catch Notes through genius I believe. I am not 100% on that. It is great. I think it is very similar to Evernote (which I also have). I have not really taken the time to figure either app out fully, but right now this is my go to notes & lists app.

What are your favorite apps? I am strictly IOS, especially since my iPhone is my first smartphone! But share your favorite Droid or IOS apps. I think you can find most apps on either platform now.

I hope your Friday went the way you wanted and that your weekend (whenever it is) is filled with all the things you love and none of the things you don't!

Follow Me:

Twitter: @ldypngn
Instagram: @ldypngn
Ravelry: LdyPngn
Email: ldypngn@gmail.com

Check out my other blog:

after it airs - a t.v. thoughts and review blog

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have a Blackberry Playbook and I use the Kobo app almost daily for reading. The Weather Network app is crucial since I wouldn't want to have to look out the window to see what the weather is.