WiP Wednesday: Volume 3 Issue 8


I spent a good part of Friday evening going through patterns trying to figure out what I wanted to work on. So many choices on Ravelry. It was hard to decide. I thought maybe the yarn would tell me what to knit. So I set off looking through my stash only to discover that, although it was nicely stuffed into my fabric drawers, it was a disaster. So I spent Saturday afternoon with my stash and DVR. When it was all said and done, I had a skein of yarn I don't even remember purchasing and a pattern that I didn't have to purchase.

Without further ado, I present February 20, 2013 Works in Progress


First we have the continuing saga of the Brrr Bear. I was so excited to get to that 4.5" point and start decreasing only to discover that you decrease one row and then knit another 3.5" even!


At this point I am hoping I don't run out of yarn. It would be horrible to have a bear with one arm and one leg. Or two arms and no legs! I am using Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in White. I should be okay even if I have to order as white is pretty much just white, not a lot of dye variation. I have already used one skein.

Next we have a new project.


This is a Baktus on US 5 needles (because I could not settle on a size, some used 6's some used 4's, some used 0's). US 5 seemed like a good choice because there was no way in hell I was knitting this on US 0. This is some 80 rows, so definitely a long ways to go. It was going so fast that I thought I might hit the halfway point on Monday, but suddenly guilt set in and I had to put it away and work on the bear. I could just hear him saying, "Please finish me." Little devil.

I am using that skein of yarn I don't remember purchasing. It is Cascade Heritage Paints. The color escapes me at the moment, but it is very autumnal.

Funny little story: In my quest to settle on a needle size, I thought, well I don't want it to be too short. Then I told myself, what do you care, you are not keeping it. Yes, another knit for someone else. Like I said, these are not colors that work on me. I can't wear brown at all. I'm not sure who's going to get it. Perhaps I will just hold on to it for one of those need-a-gift-quick occasions.

Finally I cast this on last night when I saw it lying in my bag. I'm not going to tell you what it is and I can't link to the project page because I have no clue what the pattern name is. I am hoping to finish it in the next couple of days and share it on Saturday.


I can tell you that this IS knit on US 0 needles.

I have a bad case of starteritis. I went from having no mojo to having an insatiable craving to cast on every pattern I see. I went on a bit of a shopping spree yesterday picking up some new patterns. So many things I want to knit, but I feel guilty because I have yet to finish any sort of major or semi-major project this year. How do I cure this affliction?

What are you working on this week? Do you ever feel like you are in a rut with WiP and find yourself casting on a new project or projects to try and pull yourself out? Hit the comments and let me know.

You can follow me on twitter where I spend a lot of time talking about some of my favorite things: hockey and a few of my favorite t.v. shows. (@ldypngn).

You can also check out my other blog: after it airs, where I give my take on the television programs I am watching.

As always if there is any topic you would like me to tackle, drop me a comment or email (ldypngn@gmail.com) and I will give it my best shot. It can be about anything except politics. I have found it wise not to discuss politics.

Happy Wednesday and may your weekend come fast and last long.

Comments

Popular Posts