WiP Wednesday: Volume 3 Issue 6


I started something new this week (well yesterday, but it's still in the window) just so I didn't have to show you plain old white stockinette.

But first, I said I would update you with the yarn and pattern for this work-in-progress







That is the beginning of the...



I have no idea where to get it. I got it in a lovely swap.

The lovely yarn is Cascade 220 Quatro. It is a lovely yarn and I don't notice an itchy content at all.

Now onto this week's just-for-you work-in-progress...


Believe it or not, that project on circular needles is a dishcloth that is supposed going to lie flat. It is the Vintage Hankie Washcloth from Simply Notable and is one of the cloths in the February KAL/CAL for the Crochet & Knit Dishcloth Exchange group on Ravelry.

I am nearing the end, the knitting is done and now I am adding the crochet border and it is taking forever! I decided to use a worsted weight yarn and sized down to a US 5 needle and opted to use (before I looked for a suitable hook) an F hook and low and behold the only one I can find is a Brittany turned wood one that is, in my opinion, extremely delicate and causing me some fits. Never mind that the yarn wants to split when crocheting with it! Grrr...I will finish it though and I vow to do it before the end of the month.

What are you working on this week? Are you finishing up WiPs or starting new things? Drop me a comment and let me know.

Comments

Heather said…
still working on mitts for my sister. my local wool shop carries the Cascade 220. I know they used to carry all the single colours, but I haven't looked yet. I haven't knit with that wool yet, but my niece did and she likes it.

Popular Posts