Saturday Share: February 23, 2013

I have a real project to share. A tiny project, but still something that is D-O-N-E!


I completed a mini sock! Last weekend when I went through my stash bins to organize them better, I stumbled upon a sock blocker and pattern that I got some time ago. I decided it was time to knit a sock.


I did as the directions said and used US 0 needles. That sock is not going to fall off on its own that's for sure. I think I should have at least bumped up to a US 1 if not a US 2 needle.


I've had the Panda Wool for a while and it is so pretty that I thought it would make a great Spring sock. Of course we are still fully entrenched in winter, complete with some fresh snow flurries today.

I also found my other sock blocker and plan on pulling out some special yarn and bigger needles and starting on that tomorrow. That is if I get all my work done!

It was so much fun to knit that I am actually thinking about knitting a pair of real socks this year. Real socks. Like, a pair, two, of the same yarn and design. I have even been looking at patterns. It's quite crazy really.

Have you knit socks? Do you enjoy it? What about minis? Share your favorite patterns and yarns in the comments section. I will be sure to take you along on my sock journey.

Comments

Popular Posts