Friday Favorites: Volume 1 Issue 5


 



Continuing with my knitting theme, this week I scrambled thought I would share a few of my favorite yarns.

First up one of my most favorite yarns...


...Sugar'n Cream by Lily. I love cotton yarn. The color range is huge and the variegated are always some of my most favorites. I heart this yarn!

Next up...


...some more cotton, only this time it is a Pima Cotton/Acrylic blend. I know what you are thinking, "acrylic"? Are you insane?" Nope! This is Knit Picks Comfy and it is the softest, drapiest yarn. I love it. I love every yarn I have ever used from Knit Picks and lately it has become my go to yarn store. The colors are rich and while the selection might not be as huge as some other lines, it is a nice collection.

Then we have...


...Cascade 220 Superwash. There is a range of colors with Cascade and the superwash is perfect for baby knits. It is considered a worsted weight, but it is a little on the light side of what I think a worsted should be. Again, though perfect for baby. The price is a consideration, but for the right project I don't mind the extra $$$. I love their Paints line as well, I just didn't have a skein on hand.

Another favorite...


...maybe not so much the brand (Koigu, which from what I have used I do love) but the weight. I love fingering weight yarns. I thought I had a skein of Knit Picks Stroll, but it was not where it should be (which is a place I am not entirely sure exists as I need to rehaul my bins). I will knit everything except a pair of socks our of fingering yarn! Although, I hope to change that this year. In any event, I love the fingering and this Koigu was prime for photos.

And finally (at least for this post)...



...another Knit Picks line. This time it is the Palette line. It is a fingering weight 100% wool that is so soft and comes in almost every solid color variation a knitter could ever need. I spent a lot of time with this yarn at the beginning of last year knitting up mini sweater ornaments and I never had any sort of discomfort or trouble finding the perfect color. I have a stash that I can't imagine I will ever use up. You get a lot out of what looks like a little ball.

What are your favorite yarns? Is there a yarn that I just MUST try? Let me know in the comments or send my an email ldypngn@gmail.com.


Comments

Heather said…
great assortment of yarns. nothing wrong with acrylic, a time nd placce for everything. The mitts I am makinga are the Knit Picks Palette. you could definitely knit them. you only ever use two colours at a time, the same black all the way through and then one colour at a time. looks complicated,but isn't at all.
Lady Penguin said…
That is really good to know about the mitts. I might give them a try a little later in the year. Nothing says summer like knitting mittens!

Popular Posts