Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Friday Favorites: Volume 1 Issue 4

Today is the first in a small series of my knitting favorites. I thought I would start with my go to needles.


These are my Clover US 2 set of five double point needles. I really like magic loop and two circulars for knitting in the round, but every time I pick up dpns, I realize how much I like knitting on them.


This is my US 2 Knit Picks Nickle fixed 32" circular. I don't use the Nickle needles often because sometimes they are too fast and my stitches slip off.

I should note that when I knit in the round, I often am knitting with sock weight yarn, but never knitting socks!


This is one of my most prized needles. US 4 Knit Picks Harmony fixed 16" circular. I have two for knitting on two circulars. US 4 is one of my go to needle sizes for DK/Sport and sometimes fingering weight yarns. I am a tight knitter, so it works for me.


I have a full set of the Nickle interchangeables and the new Sunstruck. I would have shown my Sunstruck, but the US 4 (as shown here in Harmony) are in use. 


This seems a little crazy considering all of my Knit Picks needle options, but this is my go to cotton yarn needle. A Clover US 8 bamboo 24" circular. I love the larger cable for knitting "straight" on a circular needle and this one is perfect for cotton yarn. I knit most all of my cloths and even a baby blanket on this needle.

In case you were wondering about that fabulous case that my needles are in/on...



...it is NOT available for purchase. My sister, my crafty hero, made this for me (probably her own pattern because that is how she rolls) for Christmas and I love it! It stays in my knitting bag (upcoming in a favorites that she made for me as well). She is also an ace knitter, crocheter, quilter and sister!

What are your favorite needles? Do you like metal, wood, straights, circulars? Hit the comments and let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you like the needle case.

Dawn