The Day After


Ahh…the day after.

I wasn’t planning on watching the results come in last night. I held off until around 8:15 p.m. and then local returns started to come in online and well that was the end of my returns free night. I had spent a few hours flipping channels trying to find ANYTHING to watch, all while keeping an eye on twitter. 98% of my twitter feed is East Coast tweeps so they were getting local and national returns.

While the presidential race was big for me, I think local races were more pressing. A lot of local/statewide races were so CLOSE! Our Chief Executive race was decided by 153 votes.  It was a nail biter for sure. I expected the race for Sheriff to be a lot closer than it was.

Statewide races were close too. We didn’t know for sure until around noon today who our new governor was going to be. The race for US Senate was close too, it was called before eleven this morning.

There are a lot of relieved people in my office. It is always a stressful situation when your business is all contracts with the state and federal government. Yes, plenty of happy and relieved people. Actually a fellow co-worker won a seat in the house of representatives for our state. He worked is butt off and ran a good, solid, clean race. He has some great ideas. I hope he is able to make some progress on his bill.

It always matters who wins and loses, but even if it isn’t the candidate I prefer, I am always proud to say I voted and who I voted for. So in case you are wondering, I cast my vote for President Obama. I feel that he is the right choice for our country and I really hope that both parties can come together and do what is right for our country.

And with all that said, I am so happy that this election is OVER! I wasn’t campaigning at all and I feel drained by it. It feels as though a weight has been lifted and now it is time to start gearing up for the holidays and the arrival of 2013!

Comments

Popular Posts