Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Four: Volume 1 Issue 4


With the arrival of winter in Montana, I am currently looking at snow on the lawn, I thought I would list my...

Four Favorite Things About Winter

  1. Snow - I love the look of snow.  I love how crisp and clean things feel.  I love the way the light plays off a snow covered street.  I love to look out into the dark of night and see a blizzard.
  2. Snuggles - I love to snuggle up under a blanket during winter.  I love to wear a big cozy sweater and warm fuzzy socks.  I love to watch Elliott lay on the floor register or in front of the fireplace to get warm.
  3. Snow Angels - Okay so I am too old to get down and make them, but I have my own version  I love when my little boys come in with their faces covered in snow.  I don't so much like the smell of wet dogs, but I love to see the snow glistening off their black features.
  4. How It Feels - Winter just feels natural in Montana.  It feels normal to have snow on October 26th.  It is quintessential Montana.  The snow covered mountains, the frosted over trees.  It is a cloak that Montana wears that makes it even more beautiful than it already is.
What are your favorite things about winter?  Do you love it?  Do you hate it?  Do you even have it?  Hit the comments section and let me know!

No comments: