Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wait, I Can't Do Everything?



This is the advice I need to start focusing on.  As sometimes happens in my life, I get bit by a bug and suddenly think “I want to do it all!”

That bug bit me about a month ago and ever since I have been stressing about finding the time to do everything.  I have compiled a list and need to start crossing things off that I just can’t do…right now.

The List
  •  School - oh did I forget to mention that I started school? Again?  I am now studying Graphic Design.
  • Digi Scrapping - it looks like SO much fun.  But seems so time consuming to learn a new program.  Probably shouldn't have bought Photoshop Elements...but I did.
  • Knitting - I can't really give this up. 
  • Exercising 
  • Sleeping
  • Eating
  • Reading
  • Blogging
  • Journaling
  • Working
  • Watching (tv)
  • Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Playing
The List - defined
  • School - oh did I forget to mention that I started school? Again?  I am now studying Graphic Design.
  • Digi Scrapping - it looks like SO much fun.  But seems so time consuming to learn a new program.  Probably shouldn't have bought Photoshop Elements...but I did.
  • Knitting - I can't really give this up. 
  • Exercising  - I MUST do this
  • Sleeping - This is pretty helpful, so it should stay
  • Eating - If I multi-task, I can get this done.
  • Reading - I yearn to be in a different world and this affords me that and is somewhat affordable
  • Blogging - I couldn't just leave you all without my words could I?
  • Journaling - I think I could learn a lot about myself by doing this and maybe become happier
  • Working - Since I need money and this pays, I must keep doing this
  • Watching (tv) - I could do it while knitting
  • Cooking - haha...how did this get on the list?
  • Cleaning - eh...
  • Playing - what am I five?
With the exception of cooking and cleaning, I still want to do it all.  I need a fairy godmother to bop me on the head with her wand and instantly make me one of those focused and driven people who sleep four hours per night and are a bright ray of sunshine.  A person who can eat a piece of toast and be sated for the day.  A person who just looks at a project and it gets done.  Where does this woman live?  I will drive to find her. I will pay (a small paltry amount) for her to beat me with that wand.  And hopefully she has some sort of hot prince chained up in her basement just waiting for me.  He and I can conquer playing together. But I am the type of girl whose pumpkin would turn into a Yugo.  

So, how do you make time to do all the things you want to do, while still doing the things you HAVE to do...like a 9-5 job?  Leave me your thoughts in the comments section.



No comments: