Pages

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

WiP Wednesday: Volume 2 Issue 21


Golly another week gone by.  It's funny how time goes so slowly when you are younger and in school and then you hit a certain age and you are saying things like "Wait, it's August 8th?  What happened to June and July?  Did we not have them this year?"  And no matter how much you tell those younger to just enjoy the slowness and to never ever pass up the opportunity to nap, they just don't listen. 

I did the bare minimum this week.  As usual, at the beginning of the month I burn myself out on cleaning and organizing and analyzing all the stuff I didn't do last month.  That makes for a very tired girl by the time she sits down to knit.  So tired that she has been known to nod off mid row.  I did mange to stay awake for a few minutes though and get something done...


This thing is never going to end!  I am on the down side of it now, the decreasing part, but it does not seem to be shrinking.  Never mind that I have only knit ten decrease rows.  I don't feel the pressure to get it done anymore though because it is not going to its original intendent.  It will be living with me for the foreseeable future.


If you are the type of person who goes back to look at my last progress update on this, then you will know that I have only completed one more tooth.  Also if you are that type of person, you may want to look into purchasing a life. 

I had intended on doing more than one tooth last night, but then I found out I could get Zuma's Revenge and Bejeweled at a good price on iPad and well you can probably imagine what had me not crawling into bed until 11:30.

As a general rule, I don't really knit on Wednesdays.  It is a slow t.v. programming night and I generally use it to do things like clean up email, throw paper work away, transfer audio books to the iPod, play games...you get it. 

Now that I don't have the pressure of any more baby knitting (a story best not shared), I am excited about starting new projects.  I have a whole list, but I have not been able to pick one to start.  Isn't that kind of crazy?  Like something is physically wrong with me?

The above photos will be the last ones on that particular desk.  You can see it is well worn on the edge.  What you can't see is that it is colossal.  It is a force to be reckoned with and it is leaving this house forever.  It has served its usefulness and is now time to reside elsewhere.  When it was moved into this room it only served to collect a mountain of crap.  I have emptied that behemoth in the first step of Operation Move 2012.  I did this last year around November.  Flipping rooms to better serve me in my tiny space.  I need to empty the room, paint it and then redecorate & rearrange it.  I am both dreading and anticipating the challenge.  At this point, there is considerably more dread.  I will keep you abreast of my progress.

Well I wish you all a happy and fun filled week.  I hope that those of you who are tuning into the Olympics are enjoying them.  My interest faded with Paul McCartney. 


No comments: