Pages

Sunday, June 03, 2012

The One Without Photos

That's right.  I have no photos to share and really nothing much in the way of a story or any sort of plot based ideas.  I will admit that I had a fleeting thought of not posting today, but that really thwarts my plan for June and as it is only the third day, I thought I would try to wait until at least the fifth day to dump my plan in the crapper.

I watched two movies this weekend. First up was Goon.  I REALLY wanted to see this.  I had only pieces of information about it from a few different blog sites and as it is a Canadian film, there was not much in the way of a US release.  It would not have drawn any big numbers (viewers and dollars spent).  As a self-proclaimed hard core hockey fan, I just could not recommend this movie to really anyone.  It is definitely more of a Guy Flick than a Chick Flick.  Lots and lots of fighting, and that is not really my scene.  I assume it was some sort of satirical comment on the fighting in the League, but somewhere I think it lost something.  I laughed a couple of times, but once I got to the end and with the copious amount of blood, all that humor is lost on me. 

Thankfully, today I watched a movie I much more enjoyed.  I watched This Means War with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy.  I think it is an example of a great balance between guy movie and girl movie.  I loved the action and the heart of the movie.  It was a lot of fun and made me laugh.  Of course I was in love with Tuck because of the accent.  Find me a girl who doesn't like a British accent.  Adorable movie and I am really glad I went out and got it last night.

I still have yet to watch The Vow.  I got it from Netflix, but just never got around to watching it and I just don't feel in the mood for a movie that looks very serious and potentially depressing.  I need something upbeat or a good police thriller.  Something juicy.

I am still muddling my way through the Fifty Shades Trilogy.  I am on book three and cannot wait to be through this book so that:
  1. I can get back to my genre
  2. I can finally read all the commentary on the book. 
I have several thoughts on it but I really want to have the whole story before I can make them be known.  In a word I would call this story interesting.  Now whether that is good interesting or bad interesting I have yet to finalize.  But I will let you know.

And with that I am going to be off, for a few reasons, Blogger is acting funny (he actually kicked me out once and froze up my browser and now it appears he is halting my writing).

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'd like to knit a wee Calgary Flames sweater for my neighbour's son. Would you tell me where you found your sweater pattern? Thanks.