Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The One Where I Quit

Please don't be alarmed by the title.  I am not quitting the blog and I did not quit my job.  So what did I quit or what am I quitting?  Procrastinating.  At least for a week.  I am starting today and I am going to try really hard!  I think I have tried before but seem to be suffering a case of slight selective amnesia.  I am going to go out on a limb and say that it didn't work out very well at all.  So here's hoping this attempt is better. 

First things, I actually have a couple of pictures this week.  I have more than a couple, but only a couple are ones I took, the rest I am borrowing.

Yesterday we went to the World Mining Museum & Hell Roarin' Gulch.  It was in honor of Miner's Union Day, so they had free admission.  We LOVE the doll house display and here is a couple of shots of some of my favorites.

The Doctor's Office (oh and notice Charlie in the corner.  He was our latest Traveling Monster)

Here's a close up of the "operatory"


And because I love crime and police so much...the jail


After the doll houses, we went into the Gulch and the sun was bright and it was hard to get really good pictures, but I did get the store clerk...


Later that afternoon, I contemplated taking a nap, but as I lay there I knew I wanted to do something different, so I got up and hit the ATM and then went to see...


I never Squee!!!!!  But I really want to now.  I FREAKING LOVED THIS MOVIE!  Seriously it was full of so much energy and rockin' tunes.  I didn't want it to end.  Like I wish I were still there...


So much fun.  I have been rocking out to the soundtrack for the last couple of weeks since it was released on iTunes and just love it.  All those songs I remember from my youth...ahhhh.

And...

...totally brought his A game.  He totally nailed it! 

I think a movie is really great when you can't stop thinking about it and you just want to see it again and again.  I definitely want to.  I am hoping that it will come to the drive-in in the next several weeks because I want to see it again and I have been really wanting to go to the drive-in.  Plus, it is WAY cheaper than at a chain theater!

I say if you are on the fence about going, GO.  Really RUN THERE RIGHT NOW! 

I was perusing the movie's facebook and site and found this fun little Band Name Generator that runs through facebook.  Here is my band name:

For some reason that doesn't really seem to 80's headbanger band to me.  More like some sort of MTV generated boy band spoof!  Remember that show they had on...2gether?  No?  Google it!

And finally I am still on my summer reading program.  This week I am reading Bared To You by Sylvia Day which was recommended by some site because I read the Fifty Shades trilogy.


So far I am liking it a lot more than I did Fifty.  It definitely feels like a real book than a fan fiction piece.

The week ahead looks like it will be pretty nice.  I have a little pampering on Wednesday & Thursday.  First getting my hair done and then a massage. What a great way to beat the mid-week blues and get into the weekend. 

I will leave you with a little picture of my only finished project this month (first of a couple I hope)...

The Buffalo Sabres Jersey


Speaking of hockey.  I am really looking forward to the NHL Awards on Wednesday night and then the Draft from Consol Energy Center Friday & Saturday.  Just a couple of weeks until free agency and let's all keep our fingers crossed that they start hammering out he CBA soon!  I want a full uninterrupted season beginning in October!

Wishing you all a happy happy week ahead!









1 comment:

Heather said...

I went and saw it last week and loved it just as much as you did. Now I want to see the play!