Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The One That is All Over the Map

Another photoless entry.  Oh well maybe some people are masochists and just like to read the drivel that is my life.  I can't really do a Snapshot Sunday post if I don't take photos and I just haven't been with it much the past several weeks.  But I am charging up all the batteries so maybe something will happen, like a little minion will pop up and take photos for me.

I was all set to work on the next jersey this weekend, but the random generator popped up with the Los Angeles Kings and well since I am gunning for the New Jersey Devils, I didn't want to rock the boat and tempt fate by starting that.  Plus I just wasn't in the mood to knit another one.  But I can skip this week and still be on track for the month so...

I am getting ready to start a gift.  That is always kind of exciting.  I am looking forward to it. Maybe not as much as some of the other things I have lined up, but I really would like to get something for this gift set done!  It is always in the back of my mind nagging me.  Plus, if I remember correctly, it goes fairly quickly.

The weather has been typical Montana June weather.  Which means it has been cold and wet!  We had snow the other day.  It never ceases to amaze me that people will whine and bitch about the weather in late May & early to mid June.  It is always cold and wet with a few nice days thrown in as teasers.  I don't much care for the warm weather, so this is just fine by me.  I love to snuggle up in my mommy quilt and read, knit, watch t.v., nap, whatever, it makes me perfectly happy.

I am super excited that Rizzoli & Isles is back!  I am looking forward to that in about an hour.  Also, Dallas 2.0 starts on Wednesday and that is fun exciting too.  I will have to watch that on DVR though, as I am fully expecting Game 7 to be on that night.  Rookie Blue is back and soon So You Think You Can Dance will be into the competition round and I can start watching that (I hate the audition and Vegas rounds).  I still have the Hatfields & McCoys to watch too. 

I have been watching movies as well.  This weekend was Man On A Ledge.  I wasn't too impressed with it.  I just found to many things I couldn't quite wrap my head around.  That seems to be a theme lately and I am blaming it all on Fifty Shades.  I did a little "research" because of some rumblings I had heard and was super disappointed to learn that they were true.  I don't know if it is a good thing that I read the books first or if it is a bad thing.  Bad for my wallet, but maybe good because I actually read the story.  I don't know.  I am still trying to come to terms with my thoughts on the series.  So so many things that I didn't think were executed well and so many things I would have done differently. 

I am now reading Heat Lightning by John Sandford, who has quickly become my favorite author.  Not all time, because that honor is bestowed upon the late Ed McBain, but definitely my current favorite author.  I am nervous about what I will read when I catch up with the Virgil Flowers series.  Eeek!  I am trying to delay that a bit by reading outside my genre a bit.  More to come on that as the month goes on.

Mom has a birthday this week.  As usual she gives no clues as to what she really might want.  I got her a load of books.  You know, the kind with two covers and paper pages.  She tried the Nook and just wasn't impressed.  It is hard to say if she wasn't impressed with the device or with the choice of reading material.  In any event, she continues to love to get books that are used.  If you can get her a used book on Amazon for a penny plus shipping she is happy.  So, I completed the Anna Travis series by Lynda La Plante.  I have already given her one because she was looking for something to read and since she already knew that I had them... I will be taking her to a nice dinner on Tuesday, utilizing a gift card I received from work.  And then on Wednesday we will be having lunch with my aunt and "uncle".  And then the Devils will win the Stanley Cup that night and all will be somewhat right with the world.

I have been loving two recent music purchases, first Adam Lambert's new album Trespassing and second the Rock of Ages soundtrack, both of which I quickly downloaded from iTunes.  I spent Tuesday afternoon rocking out to Rock of Ages.  I don't think in all my years of knowing that Tom Cruise existed that I would have ever thought of him as a singer or a good one, but...he is not that bad.  I am actually quite impressed with his take on a few of the songs.  It is always fun to hear other people cover songs that I know and love.  Sometimes it is not good, but sometimes it is totally awesome and unexpected. 

Also, I am loving Bartholomew by The Silent Comedy, which was the advertisement song for The Hatfields & McCoys. 

And that is pretty much where I am right now.  Looking forward to another week in my life and interested in what it will bring.

I wish you all a week of happiness, love and peace.

No comments: