WiP Wednesday: Volume 2 Issue 7


Wow!  Wednesday sure did creep up fast this week.  I can't believe it is already here!  In one week it will nearly be the middle of March.  It is funny how time seems to fly when you get older.  I remember when I was younger it seemed to take forever.  Now the weeks just fly by.  I sometimes wish the work days went by just as fast!  Those seem to last forever and that precious after work at home knitting time seems to vanish!

I have a couple of things to show you this week.  I am still working away on the BSJ.  I am nearing the end and I can feel it.  I am giddy with anticipation.  I really want to try and have this done by Saturday as I will be running errands and I can pick up some buttons if need be.  I am don't have too many matching buttons in the button jar!  Good thing I have some coupons!

Here is my progress....


That is twenty four rows since last week (#4).  I sat down Monday night and last night and cranked some out.  I plan on working more on it tonight during the Pens/Leafs game.  (Let's Go Pens!)

On Sunday I started Mr. Mystery using the Lurleen pattern from Danger Crafts.  I am just to the point of his neck decreases and I am thinking he is going to be a bit bigger than anticipated, so I am considering starting another one on US 3's using some not-thinking-to-clearly sock yarn.  Mr. Mystery will be traveling in the Traveling Monster "swap" coming up shortly and he has limited cargo space, so he needs to be compact.  This version is using Paton's Grace in the Clay colorway.  He's a bit pale, I worry about burning if he is in sunny locales.


We will see what he looks like after neck decreases and compare his head size to Vincent Valentine. 

Hopefully next week I will have cast on a new and exciting project to show all of you.  I have a couple of ideas coming up and I can't wait to get started.  It is fun to have the excitement of knitting again.  It was missing for a few weeks.

Until next Wednesday...knit on!


Comments

Popular Posts