Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WiP Wednesday: Volume 2 Issue 10


The final Wednesday in March.  I kept thinking yesterday was the 28th for some weird reason.  Didn't help me to get my post prepped though.  I have to confess that I often use the "Schedule" feature when blogging.  It is so easy to write a post in the evening and then "schedule" it for the next day or few days.  Alas, not last night.

I have been thinking for a few minutes on where to start with this week's projects.  I guess I will start with Saturday.  Now, that doesn't mean that I didn't knit between Wednesday & Friday of last week, I finished up a cloth on Friday and before that I knit two rows of it on Thursday!  Such a busy girl I am.

While sitting in my office/studio contemplating life's next great move, staring off into space, I spotted some Red Heart Soft that I had impulse purchased several months ago that was to be used for a crocheted blanket and decided that it would be a great yarn to use to make some large worsted mitered squares.  You see, I have been diagnosed with Mitered Squares Itch.  So far a cure has not been found and treatment is in its infancy.  Here is my completed square.

The jewel tone corner was a late thought I had, but I think it works really well.  I hope to work on a few more in the coming week.

On Sunday, because I could not sit still, I decided to cast on a fingering weight mitered square.  This is number two and is in Knit Picks Felici, Goth.



And here they are side by side.  They are both a 54 stitch cast on.  The fingering weight is on a US 3 and the worsted weight is on a US 9.



On Monday I had planned early in the day to work on the Maude blanket, but I am catching a case of Starteristis and pulled out the Molly Bubble Romper pattern and did a little work...very little



Last night, after the first period of the Penguins/Islanders game I was feeling particularly down and frustrated so I pulled out Maude and did a repeat.  As soon as I started, the Penguins scored, then they scored again.  Then something bad went wrong.  With the game, not my knitting...



And finally, how I wind down after a long hard day...

...with my Nook and John Sandford's Phantom Prey.  Please excuse the fingerprints, I am too lazy to clean my screen.

Happy crafting to everyone.  I hope to be back next week with a brand new issue, but I have a big visit from my sister and her family.  Hopefully soon I will be linking to her blog!  Stay tuned...

P.S. - sorry for no links today.  The computer is sort of being a butt and threatening to strike.

No comments: