Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

FP: Surprise, It's a Jacket!

Finished Project: Surprise, It's a Jacket
Craft: Knit
Begin Date: February 12, 2012
Completion Date: March 9, 2012
Materials: Cascade 220 Superwash Hand Paints in Olympic Fore, US 8 needles, misc buttons
Size: I'm guessing 3-6 months
Pattern Source: Baby Surprise Jacket


I have been wanting to knit this for such a long time!  It wasn't until I saw a fellow tweeter's finished that I thought about the pattern again.  I am so glad that I did it.  I figure it is almost a right of passage to knit an Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern and this seemed to be the perfect one for me since I am so into knitting for babies. 

I thought the color could work for either gender, but I am leaning a little more towards girl for some reason. Maybe I just envision it with little leggings and fuggs! I didn't bother to wait to decide on button placement, I just did it. 

I used a size 8 needle to get gauge, and yes I did do a little swatch!  There's a first time for everything.  I would guess this would fit a 3-6 month old unless mama has a 14lb baby!

Right now this does not have a home, it is just waiting for the right baby to come along and claim it.

The buttons are from the massive button jar.  I could not believe I found five that matched!  I usually am one short.  I may go in and shore up the button holes a bit, but there is time for that.

I really liked working with the handpaints.  The color is not too bold, but not to mundane either.  The perfect mix of zen and trend for any little one.

No comments: