FP: Cuffed

Finished Project: Cuffed
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: February 26, 2012
Completion Date: February 26, 2012
Materials: Loops & Thread Cozy Wool, US 15 straights
Pattern Source: Chunky Cable Wrist Cuff


When I saw this pattern pop up on the Ravelry pattern pages, I just knew that I had to knit it.  I had the perfect insert for the cable center.  I picked up a few fun items from Cathie Fillian's Etsy Shop and these freaky cameos were part of my loot.  I just loved them, but had no idea what to do with them.  Then this project showed up and voila!  Perfection!

This was my first time using any Loops & Thread yarn because I generally shy away from what I consider "off brands" and I don't use bulky/chunky weight yarn very much.  But I was looking for something a little inexpensive and in a suitable color and when I went on my mini vacay I found this colorway and the price was a little more than right, but still in the ballpark.  I loved working with it, it was soft and non-splitty.  I thought it was a great choice.

Then I wore the cuff.  It started to fuzz up and kind of pill a little.  I am not so impressed with that, but then again it is a wool/acrylic blend so I am sure that was bound to happen a little. 

I used regular old Fast Dry Aleene's Tacky Glue to secure the cameo and it secured it pretty darn good.  I think I could have gone down a needle size and would have gotten a better fit.  It is a bit loose and moves around a lot!



I am interested in trying this pattern in a worsted weight in maybe a smooth cotton or perhaps a superwash.  Maybe even a nice cotton blend.  Just no acrylic and no wool.

I enjoyed it and it is a great quick knit for a last minute gift or for someone that is hard to buy for and a little on the edge with fashion.  I am not talking Sex & The City edge, more like leggings and a tunic.  I don't think this would really go with a power suit, but you never know.



Comments

Popular Posts