Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WiP Wednesday: Volume 2 Issue 6

I have a few projects that are in progress this week.  So let's get started...

First up is a Spool Blanket swatch of sorts.  It really was a test run to see how I liked the project.  I used what was on hand, which happened to be some Lime & Cactus Cotton-Ease.  I worked these up on a US 8 and did just a quick whipstitch assembly...

I have LOADS of Cotton Ease and I love the drape of the yarn, so it is a contender for sure.  I also have some Cascade 220 Superwash that was originally destined to be a cape, but then I realized how much knitting that really is and well...  This block is unblocked as I have yet to get out the mats and spray bottle.  (If you saw my post earlier this week, you know I suffer from an extreme case of procrastination).

While working on my latest Jersey Project FP, I thought to myself, "If you do find a tree to put all these on, you will most certainly need a "skirt" of sorts.  You should knit up NHL team spool blocks."  And thus...the Jersey Mini Spool Blanket (hopefully to have a cooler name at some point)...was conceived.



I have just the one spool done.  The Edmonton Oilers.  I really like the color combo.  I am finding I am a sucker for the Navy Palette.

Then I started working on a new pattern that I just had to purchase...

...the Rustic I Cord Bracelet.  I am using some Panda Cotton yarn and boy is it splitty!  I do love the colors though.  I am hoping that my planned wooden buttons work with this color combo.  I have a ways to go to get to 36" though.  I need to work on it some more that's for sure.

And finally we have progress with the BSJ...

I have officially reached and just surpassed the half way point and am now working on the dreaded increase section.  Still not seeing much shaping.  A little, but not much.  Really excited though to get this done as I need the needle tips for another project that I am itching to start!

So that is what I have.  Be sure to check out other WiP Wednesday entries through Tami's Amis

4 comments:

pinkundine said...

The spool blocks look really cool, and I love the blue and orange together :)

Heather said...

YOur needles certainly have been busy. All projects are looking good. Sorry, no suggestions for the tree skirt name.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

NHL spool blocks sounds quite ambitious. Particularly finding all the team colours! You've done well with the Edmonton Oiler colours!

Heather said...

I listen to audio books a fair bit. You can download them for free from many library websites and play them on a variety of mp3 type players