Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Preparing a Post

I was sitting here doing a little blog hopping and I got a sudden desire to do a post.  What kind of post though?  A Finished Project post?  A WiP post?  And then I thought, why not do a post on my process of doing a post.  So, here is a little photo journey of how I prepare a post...

First, there is photographing.  If I have learned one thing, people like pictures!  So, I had to prep a place to take some pictures...

Before...

It's covered in all kinds of crafty odds and end, also a shipping box, and some books.


After...


I know I am a very professional amateur photographer, it shows with my high quality backdrop, a pillow and empty pillow case, all unironed for that texture effect.


Then you have to take some photos of the items...but I don't want to ruin the Finished Project posts, so moving on.

You start to realize that maybe you should try to use that natural light, since you can't really take the items outside because it is ugly, not enough snow to make a beautiful wintery scene and just enough to make it cold and wet.  It's clearly a lose/lose situation outside.

So I need something close to the window...aha...


My desk chair, complete with a special chair covering (my Penguins jersey from 12-13 years ago!)  But that isn't really going to work as a good backdrop, so it is back to those fab backdrops (pillows & pillow cases).

You will have to image that, as I didn't take a photo of that.  Oops.

Next up it is time to upload the photos and get to writing.  Here is where all the magic happens...


You cans see I have a little bit of everything, an NHL ruler, a Christmas ornament gift box that has knitting needles and if you could see inside, dollar bills (my stripper tip money.  No not really, they are my F dollars that I save for something Fun).  I have my adding machine with its display protected by Pittsburgh Penguin back up goalie Brent Johnson (swoon), that cup next to it is the cup o' hockey (my pins for the Jersey Project).  I also have my purple metallic owl bank for that random change, a sock monkey cup sleeve, my liver pencil cup, and just barely in frame my Subway cup of Coke.  Also peeking in is some Tim Holtz paper & stickers for ATC making. 

Next up I have to choose what photos I want to use, so I write down the numbers on my handy notepad...


I snap a picture using that fab app Hipstamatic, which I am still struggling to learn properly.

Then it is time to put this all together, so for a Finished Project post, I will consult my Project Notebook...


...too see what I did when and a project page to get all the little deets...


And, that is how I put together one of my award winning blog posts.

During this post I rocked out to:

Adam Lambert: For Your Entertainment
The Naked & Famous: The Sun
LMFAO: Party Rock Anthem

I hope you enjoyed my "Blog Post In the Life" piece.  Check back soon for a Finished Project Post as two teams go head to head in the Jersey Project game of the week and also a Finished Project Post on a new craft that I am just getting back into!








1 comment:

Heather said...

great choice for a post. Much the same as I do. Photos are the fun though challenging part.