Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

FP: Philadelphia vs. New Jersey


Finished Project: Philadelphia Flyers Jersey
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: February 4, 2012
Completion Date: February 5, 2012
Materials: Knit Picks Palette (Sweet Potato, Black, White)
Size: Mini
Pattern Source: Mini Sweater


It is by far the hardest one I have had to knit yet!  I figure it is good to get this one over with.  I could have easily thrown the button back in the cup and picked again, but I just sucked it up and knit it.  Truth be told, I love this orange tone.  It is not in your face safety orange (thank god!), but rather a nice rich orange.  It is unfortunate that this one will be at the back of the tree or whatever else I use to display these.  I just can't support Philadelphia.  What kind of Pens fan would I be?

It's a twofer today.  I have another FP to show,,,

Finished Project: New Jersey Devils Jersey
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: February 11, 2012
Completion Date: February 12, 2012
Materials: Knit Picks Palette (Serrano, Black, White)
Size: Mini
Pattern Source: Mini Sweater


I settled in with some Ranger hockey last Saturday night and started work on this.  As is my M.O., I finished the body and both sleeves, then left the yoke for the next day.  So I settled in on Sunday and watched Bad Teacher (I don't recommend it) and turned this little gem out.  If I were to dedicate this to anyone, I would dedicate it to my dad, who was a big Devils fan.

Well I have now completed 5 of 30 jerseys, so I have completed 1/6th of the project.  It is still fun to do, even if it is a little monotonous at times.  I love to see each one come alive when I put that button on. 

Happy crafting....I'll see you soon.

No comments: