Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

ATC: First Issue

A few weeks ago I decided to try my hand at Artist Trading Cards or ATCs as they are known.  I did them quite a few years ago, then in a cleaning frenzy I got rid of pretty much every piece of paper crafting supply I had.  In hindsight, it was probably an ill-advised move, but what's done is done.  I did keep my ATC template and some pre-cut cards.  I had a little get away and bought some papers and stickers and quickly churned out two very simple cards just in time to sneak into Mom's suitcase before she went off to visit dear sister.  Actually she got them before she left, but sneaking them in has always been what I do.  I always make her a travel card (which is why I have so many travel stickers and papers)


I love the Going Places sticker and the three stars.  The background paper is actually from the DCWV Rockstar paper pack just cut down to size.

Then...I wanted to do a Valentine's Day card so she would have a little Valentine while away.

Again I used some Rockstar paper for the back, then with a chalk ink pad and a dollar stamp from Michael's I stamped the Fleur de Heart, added a strip of sticky back ribbon, and two stickers.

These two ATCs are not "titled". If I were to title them they would be "Going Places" & "Sending All My Love".  Very original I know.

This weekend I saw a challenge of sorts on a blog (forgive me for not remembering, I blog hopped most of Saturday and Sunday) about stitches and I remembered I had a dress form stamp in my collection, so out to the shed and garage I went to track it down.

I used a Versa Magic ink pad on stamped the body of the form onto a cream card stock, cut it out, pasted it to an ATC cut from DCWV Immortal stack (I used a background that looked like deep chocolate curled fabric.  It doesn't translate in the end result).  I added a tiny piece of brown ribbon, a few buttons from the button jar.  I then stamped a clock in Versa Magic ink, added two Tim Holtz Idealogy button stickers, a little piece of Tim Holtz tissue tape and here is the result...

"Buttoned Up"

They are not near as elaborate as some out there are.  My supply box is still pretty lean.  I have a ton of ideas, I just need to find the time to schedule it in!  I look forward to getting back into this little craft.  I hope to find some more confidence and join in some swaps.  I would love to start showcasing them throughout my little "apartment".



No comments: