FP: Vincent Valentine
Finished Project: Vincent Valentine
Begin Date: January 1, 2012
Completion Date: January 6, 2012
Materials: Lion Brand Cotton Ease (Cherry, Snow), Safety Eyes, Fiber Fill
Pattern Source: Lurleen the Laundry Monster
This is my fourth Rebecca Danger pattern (see Lowell, Geno Chunk, Winnie the WinterMonster) and I think it might be my most favorite! It was so easy and so quick. I know it looks like it took me a week, but I really only knit while watching hockey and I did take a couple of days off. Plus if I am watching hockey and knitting, I am usually on twitter as well. Twitter is an addiction!
As I was working on him, I kept thinking he needed a bit more. Some sort of bling or pizazz a wow factor if you will. Then I was lying in bed one night, trying to get to sleep (didn't work to well) and I thought, hey what about an afro? I think I could have gone a little bigger, but I didn't have a bigger pom pom maker. I think it works on him though.
He seemed to be somewhat of a dapper fella, so I made him a nice scarf/tie to really set it off and bring out his eyes (or so he tells me). He was feeling a little bit stuffy, so he decided that he needed some sort of a rebel without a cause effect and thus...
he got some butt "ink". He wanted it to put a name through the heart, but I told him that that was a mistake, my first rule is to not put any names or faces on my body in ink and that I thought this was rebellious enough for right now. He needs time to really find himself first. He conceded with a slight struggle.
I am not sure where Vincent will end up, but I am sure when he finds his way to a new home he will be very happy and will adjust well.