Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

FP-PiP: Pittsburgh vs. New York

Finished Project: Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey / New York Rangers Jersey
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: January 7, 2012/January 15, 2012
Completion Date: January 8, 2012/January 15, 2012
Materials: Knit Picks Palette (Black, Saffron, Cream, Blue, Serrano)
Size: Mini
Pattern Source: Mini Sweater



I decided in late 2011 that I wanted to have a tree of NHL ornaments for next year.  I set off looking through thousands of pages on Ebay and found some sweater ornaments that I just loved!  I then looked at the price with shipping and did not fall in love!  Then I realized that I couldn't find all 30 teams.  So late in bed one night, no doubt after the late game, I started thinking that I had knit a mini sweater before and I had the buttons for all 30 teams, so why don't I just knit all the "jerseys".  I did some math and decided that if I could knit three per month, I would reach my goal in October, just in time to find a tree and have it up and ready by Thanksgiving. 

I did my planning and thought, well you could do one per weekend and that would still leave time for other projects and you might not go insane.  So on January 7th, I cast on.  I would have finished that evening, but a friend was rather chatty and so it limited my sanity and ability to do two things at once.  I got up on Sunday and after reading the paper and running a quick errand, I finished up the Pittsburgh Penguins.  Yes, I planned to do that one first.



Next up, was the New York Rangers.  I cast on during the Penguins/Lightening game on January 15th and got right down to business.  I finished up the body and one sleeve.  Then once the Rangers game started, I finished up the second sleeve and yoke.  I just love them so much!  I am glad that I went with larger button pins.  Originally I had mini pins, but these stand out and make a much stronger statement.

In the future, I plan a much more random method of deciding which team is next...

Simple, random selection.

Be sure to follow the journey right here and on Ravelry...

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great project. I am not a hockey fan, but love your sweaters. I will be looking forward to seeing more of them.