Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

FP: Grampy Villa



Finished Project: Grampy Villa
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: December 16, 2011
Completion Date: December 31, 2011
Materials:Cascade 220 Superwash, Cordovan & Moss (one skein each), Six buttons
Size: 0-6 month
Pattern Source: gramps
 
 

I began the search for the perfect sweater for a baby boy on November 18th, just a few hours after my friend delivered her baby boy on November 17th.  I needed something that was stylish (for momma) and a bit conservative (for daddy).  I didn't want something to fussy like cables because he just didn't seem like a cable baby.  When I saw the gramps pattern, I was sold!  It was adorable, stylish and conservative enough.  Plus it was seamless and the stunning factors came from the simple touches like the pockets and contrasting bands.  I loved the colors in the pattern but was unable to find the Madeline Tosh colorways, so I went with something that was completely machine washable/dryable and used Cascade 220 Superwash in Cordovan and Moss.  The colors are almost spot on to what my pattern printout had. 
 
I knit the 0-6 month size and am praying that he gets a couple months wear out of it.  The weather has been somewhat mild for this time of year, but is starting to change and so I am sure that he will be able to snuggle in this and watch football with his momma.  I opted to forgo the elbow patches as I do not have access to the little one to assure proper placement.  I went with an extra button hole, to make sure that it would keep his little neck warm.  I found these buttons at Joann's and think that they are the perfect little man buttons.
 
This was a fun and relatively easy knit.  I did frog and redo the pickup because I wasn't comfortable with my first attempt.  With a little planning and counting, the next attempt felt spot on.  I love that this was seamless.  I definitely see me knitting this again for a little one. 
 



No comments: