Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

FP: Winnie the WinterMonster & Merry Chunkmas

Finished Project: Winnie the Wintermonster & Merry Chunkmas
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: November 20, 2011
Completion Date: November 22, 2011
Materials: Knit Picks Palette
Notions: Safety Eyes, Fiber Fill
Pattern Source: Maddox the Mischievous Monster
                           Monster Chunk


The Danger Crafts group held a Winter/Holiday Monster Swap and I could not resist joining after I saw all the fun stuff they did with the Halloween swap.   I started thinking early about what kind of monster to make.  I had made a Monster Chunk for myself (Geno Chunk) and thought that that would make a great ornament.  Oh, did I mention that it was a Mini Ornament Swap?  Oops. 


My partner listed blue and silver as favorite colors, so I went searching through my stash of Palette and came up with a couple that I thought would work quite well.  Merry Chunkmas was born on one cold Montana evening.  He immediately said that he could not make the trip to Philadelphia by himself, he would just be too nervous (I probably should not have let him talk to Geno chunk).  So, he and I sat and though about it long and hard and he said that he would like a female friend to accompany him, so I set off in search of a pattern and there was the Maddox pattern.

I cast on and it didn't take long before Winnie started to take shape.  Once I saw her figure, I knew she needed to hide it with a winter dress and we set off in search of some suitable fabric.  We found this beautiful blue sheer snowflake fabric and they loved it, but felt it needed some bling, so we got some sequin trim and made her dress.

Reports are that they have arrived in Philly and are doing well in their new home.

No comments: