FP: Lionel & Violet

Finished Project: Lionel & Violet
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: November 1, 2011
Completion Date: November 19, 2011
Materials: Patons Classic, Cotton Ease
Notions: Safety Eyes, Fiber Fill
Pattern Source: Jerry the Musical Monkey

A friend saw my photo of Lowell on facebook and contacted me about making a couple of Jerry's for her for Christmas.  She opted for some more traditional monkey colors, hence the subdued brown and girly purple. 



I knit these two simultaneously as I knew I would finish on and not want to knit the other because of the monotony of in-the-round stockinette.  It was difficult at times getting the motivation to work on them, but I pushed and pushed and in the end, they became who they are. 





From the beginning I knew Lionel was Lionel and when I couldn't pinpoint a name for the girl, I took a cue from her colorway and thus she became Violet.  Of course, being that they were adopted, their names are subject to change.  I like to name the items that I make, it makes it more meaningful for me.  I can say, oh I remember when I was working on Lionel.  Silly, but that's just who I am.






Comments

Popular Posts