Pages

Monday, July 04, 2011

Weekend Update: 7-4-11


Oops...I sort of forgot that today was Monday.  So I almost forgot to give a little update.

I can't say that I did much over the weekend but let's see what I can remember.

Friday was a work day, a very important and ultimately a very frustrating work day.  Let's not dwell on that.  It also happened to mark Free Agency Frenzy.  July 1st is the first day of free agency in the NHL.  A day, where bidding starts on the league's stars.  It was a whirlwind sort of day for sure.  For the last few weeks I had been on Jagr Watch, waiting patiently on twitter to find out the latest scoop (yes twitter is the go to place for NHL news).  Finally the wait was over and Jaromir Jagr singed with...Philadelphia.  Yeah, I am not joking.  One of Pittsburgh's biggest rivals landed a former superstar.  Actually, the landed two Penguin superstars as they also signed Max Talbot.  OMG I could barely get the news out when I called my mother because I knew she would be there for me.  I thought I would be devastated, but in the end (after a bout of being totally pissed off), I was okay with it all.  It is what it is and we have a great team.  I was really shocked that Talbot signed with Philly.  For him, I think it was because they offered him the five year contract he wanted.  Mike Rupp signed with the New York Rangers and while I am sad he is no longer a Penguin, I am super happy that he is a Ranger as they just might be my second favorite team at this point.  The biggest signing didn't happen on Friday, but rather on Saturday as Brad Richards (formerly a Dallas Star) signed with the NY Rangers as well.  Yay!  So, my Internet time has been spent checking out the hockey movement. 
Friday night I went with my aunt to the local figure skating club show.  I know, an ice show in July?  It was Patriotic Pride and featured as a very special guest Elvis Stojko.  Oh my gosh, I fell in love.  Then I found out last night that he is already married.  Ugh!  He performed two numbers and I was in such awe watching him skate.  It was incredible.  Definitely worth sitting through some suckage to see that.

Saturday was an errand day, although there weren't many errands to run.  It was also an early rise day because there was some neighborhood drama and I could not go back to sleep.  I did take a lovely nap though and then finished up Lily Mouse.  I still have to post on her, but here is a sneak peak


Sunday involved a trip to the grocery store and some gambling.  It also involved another nap, some reading and lots of fireworks.  I don't actually know what time I went to sleep.  We also ventured out to see the floats that were featured in the 4th of July parade.

Today was a bum around sort of day.  It started with an early morning run to Wal-Mart (the best time to go) and some gambling.  After lunch, I went for the trifecta and snuck in another nap (lord what am I going to do when I go back to work tomorrow?).  I tried really hard to get some reading in, but I had to stop to recharge my Nook.  Now that that is done though, I think I am going to take a shower and try to finish this book.

I will leave you with a picture of Elliott from the other day that I am in love with.

No comments: