Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Update: 7-11-11


I felt so accomplished on Friday night when I went to bed.  I had actually paid bills and balanced the checkbook before spending money foolishly!  It was a great feeling to have that done and know how much room I had to work with on some needed household items and fun stuff.

Saturday was an up and at 'em early day around here.  Definitely wanted to beat the crowds at the stores.  As much as I am loathing Wal-Mart, it is the smartest choice for some items.  I think it would have been even better if I would have had a complete list.  Instead, I forgot to look at several items.  Oh well...  After that we made a quick trip to the Farmer's Market.  I thought that there might be more/different vendors since the Montana Folk Festival (the sequel to the National Folk Festival) was in uptown Butte this weekend and I thought perhaps it would have brought in new talent.  I was wrong.  It was the same old stuff that I have overlooked for the past several weeks now.  We enjoyed a nice lunch at Montana Club and then it was time to just unwind at home.  I watched several shows on DVR and worked on this...

*just a sneak peek.

Pretty soon it was already time for bed and some light reading (very light, I think I managed four pages!).

Sunday was a sleep in day.  I think I got up around 8:00, read the paper and then got dressed and headed to the Field of Honor (timed in conjunction with the Festival).


It really was quite lovely and really instilled a sense of honor.  Most of the flags (there were 1,000) had names of loved ones, memorials.  We did not do one, but if the project returns, we fully plan on sponsoring a flag (you get to pick them up along with the tags after).  In the back, there were flags for child abuse victims.  I had wanted to go once the sun settled to see them lit, but I never quite remembered until I was half way to dreamland.

Sunday was a more or less stay at home day.  I did make a run to Kmart and Joann's to pick up some needed items.   Then home to watch some more DVR (I am almost all caught up!) and some more crafting.  It feels like I haven't crafted in forever!  Then some reading and getting ready for work.

How was your weekend?

No comments: