Weekend Update: 5-23-11


What a great weekend. I think it all started with a good dinner on Friday night and a completed project.

I worked this little mp3 pouch up pretty darn quickly (actually while watching the One Tree Hill season finale on DVR). I saw this skein (okay, two skeins) of Vanna's Choice in my acrylic stash and decided to try out this pattern to see if I liked it or not. It went fairly easily and is the perfect size for my iPod shuffle.

Had I actually put some thought into the yarn choice, I would have chosen something to complement my green shuffle. I guess I will have to make another one.

Saturday morning I got up and dressed and then did the usual run to Wal-Mart in search of an attachment for the bathtub spout to turn it into a sprayer so that Cooper can have a good bath. After no luck at Wal-Mart, went to Kmart and met a similar fate. Then a stop by the mall and I left Joann's with a 50% huge ball of Bernat cotton. It is a beautiful color and I can't wait to start making many many things out of it.


After that it was a quick stop by the office and then onto lunch at Chef's Garden before heading out to my dream store, Staples. I had some rewards to use and so I caved and bought the Nook Color. I got home, got all hooked up with WiFi and put the new update on and then loaded a couple of patterns and started to charge the little beauty.

Once the late afternoon arrived, I settled in with that same ball of Vanna and a freshly Nook Color loaded new bootie pattern and I worked up these little cuties.

This might be my new favorite bootie pattern! Kitchner graft the sole together and absolutely NO seaming! I love!

It was a late night of reading and SNL viewing. How could I pass up Justin Timberlake AND Lady Gaga?!? I couldn't so I stayed up and watched the season finale. Awesome.

On Sunday after more running around looking for an attachment that would work (didn't find one by the way), and a nice lunch, I came home and decided that the booties should have a matching something, a hat perhaps and started working on one of my favorite simple hats, the Umbilical Cord Hat. I didn't get very far before feeling guilt over not working on my Happy Feet project, so I started working on that again and got one repeat done.

After that it was time to watch some television, and not mindless either. I am almost caught up on AMC's The Killing. Very much must-watch-to-follow viewing. Then before I knew it, it was time to set the alarm and crawl into bed. But not before I waited for the release of Lady Gaga's Born This Way album. I quickly downloaded and then synced my iTouch so I could rock out at work all day! And let me tell you that it made the day that much more bearable.

So that's my weekend in a nutshell. Next weekend or rather, this coming weekend, will be a four day event for me as I am taking Friday off to go to Missoula (hello large Joann's, Michaels, Petsmart, Home Depot, Mall, Loopy yarn store) and then Monday is Memorial Day. I think that Mom has plans to plant some flowers, provided the weather hangs on. Until then…happy week!

Comments

Popular Posts