Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Stanley Cup Playoffs - Days 2-6

I am going to tell you straight up that the reason I did not post on Days 2-5 is not because I was bitter about my beloved Penguins losing game two on day 3, but because I have been watching the late games and by the time they end, I need to get my butt in bed.  Okay, so it's more like I just have not felt like writing.  But I am going to make up for it.

Day 2 was great with Buffalo's win over Philadelphia, Montreal's win over Boston and San Jose's overtime win over Los Angeles.  It was also on Day 2, that my Clapotis ended up looking like this...

The edges were just looking awful and I wasn't really enjoying making it.  Thankfully I didn't spend long working on it, just to frog the whole thing.  Perhaps I will try it again someday.  I have two balls of pink that I have no idea what to do with (not a huge fan of pink by itself).

The yarn is taking on a new form and I think I am really liking it.  It is a relatively easy pattern that maybe looks a little more involved or maybe not.  I am not posting photos until I am a little further along because I would hate to have to post another failure photo a few days later.

In the time between frogging and searching endlessly for a new project, I casted on a swatch and decided that with the garter nature and the striping yarn that the color changes were ugly and I could not live with them.  I actually have another project on the needles with the same yarn (you have that luxury when you buy three skeins), but I am not sure that it is going to be all that worthy of the yarn.  I am not frogging until I decide on attempt #2.  Maybe I will do both, who knows.  I also managed to work up another couple of hexagons (have been letting those slide a little) and then Saturday I was out shopping and a free pattern caught my eye so I started working on it this evening.  It is ridiculously simple and FAST!  Here is a preview


Oh Yeah!  That is what you think it is, it is Pittsburgh Gold!  Nothing like Texas Gold.  Pure beauty. 

And you can get a glimpse of my smallish cutting mat on my new work table.  It is not a new table, but it is new to my "studio".  It actually replaces a coffee table.  I am so glad that I listened to my wizardly mother about switching them out. 

I spent some time this weekend doing a little sewing and some beading.  I am not a beader so do not think that I am adding another craft to my repertoire.  I simply wanted something sparkly and since I could not find it, I had to make it.  I will post photos of those in the near future (I haven't taken photos yet).  I plan on doing some more sewing tomorrow evening and can post those photos as well.

So, Day 3 was doom's day in the 'Burgh as Tampa handles the Penguins quite handily.  Washington also rode another shutout over New York, Anaheim solved Pekka Rinne and Nashville.  In the "good" news, Vancouver rolled over Chicago.

Day 4 is the day I did my sewing and while doing so, was treated to a goal scoring show by Philly and Buffalo, that unfortunately, Philly won.  Montreal continued to treat me nice by handling Boston again.  Earlier in the day, Phoenix dropped its second to Detroit and in the late show, LA took the wind out of San Jose's sails.

On the day of rest, Day 5, New York's Dubinksy put the Rangers past Washington in the final minute of regulation.  I took a nap and woke up to Nashville beating Anaheim, thankfully they held on and were able to beat them after two quick comeback goals by the Ducks.  And the treat of the night, Vancouver beat Chicago for their 3rd straight W.  I am perfectly happy for Vancouver to win tomorrow night and end Chicago's run (the 2010-11 Blackhawks - a lesson on salary cap management) and then they can lose. Unless they play the Ducks and then I want them to win.

Now we are to Day 6 and as you probably have guessed the game of the night for me was Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay.  Pittsburgh played a little more disciplined (if you look past Kunitz's elbow) and was able to pull out a 3-2 victory.  Flower stood strong once again.  The will meet up again on Wednesday before heading back to Pittsburgh.  Buffalo was not able to win at home and Philly takes a series 2-1 lead.  Boston, afraid of possibly losing their coach (my thoughts are that if they lose, Claude Julien is out...I am not aware of his contract status so I could be way off, but I like to fantasize) found a way to get more pucks past Carey Price than Montreal did past Tim Thomas.  The late game, currently in the first intermission has Detroit in Phoenix and up 2-0.  Tippet needs to play Bissonette more (inside joke with myself and some of twitter land).

And now we are all caught up.  And I think pretty much caught up on my life as well.  I did finally receive my key chain from The Hockey News today.  I thought for sure those Canadians had stiffed me, but it showed up, quite a while after I paid for my subscription too.  Eh...I like it though.  A little nervous to put it on my key chain because I seem to lose all my cool key chains.  I think I will just loop it onto my knitting bag as I change my purse often and throw that thing around like it's a pillow.

Well off to watch the late game and do some reading.  Perhaps I will post again tomorrow and update you on my reading (I have started again with fervor).

No comments: