FPS 2: Hippy Chic


Finished Project: Hippy Chic
Craft: Sewing
Materials: Flannel fabric by Jo-Ann; Elastic; Coordinating Thread
Pattern Source: Simplicity 3711 view C - cut xxsmall size

I found this fabulous flannel print during Joann Fabric & Craft's flannel sale ($2.50/yard).  I quickly grabbed it up and had two yards cut!  I didn't know what I was going to do with it until last week when I cut a notebook cover and then found the Simplicity pattern envelope in my stash (all accumulated during the $.99 sale and Joann).  I knew that I had to make newborn hippy pants.  Oh my gosh they are so cute and look so comfy.  It sort of makes me wish I could make a pair for myself.  But since the print has been given an enthusiastic thumbs down by my fashion adviser, I must resist.  Still these are just so great and now I must knit a sweater to go with them.  I have the perfect yarn color in mind to go with these.

The only change I would make is that I need to make the waste band a little tighter...unless there is a chubber out there. 



Now, what to do with the little bits left over?

Comments

Popular Posts