Oh what a tangled web one weaves...

I don't know if it is the time of year or if it is because I don't have a million projects planned for giving, but I seem to really be turning out the projects.  Okay, so they are little, but for me if feels like I am getting a bit quicker!

Here's what I have been working on:

I found a great site for some super cule embroidery designs. Urban Threads!  What a great site and I came out of that shop with a ton of cool ideas!  This is their Cobweb Corner on a flour sack towel.  Did you know how ginormous a flower sack towel is?


Here is Shelby's Myrtle Tyrtle for Christmas.  I just love the shell.  This is a Lion Brand crochet pattern.  I used some Bernat Cotton in Emerald Isle and Royal Palm


Here is Cooper's Manta Ray.  I think he is going to just love on this!  He was a quick one night project!  I couldn't feel two fingertips on my right hand for a few days, but other than that no problems!  I used some Peaches & Cream in Charcoal and Sugar & Cream in White


A trio of treats for Halloween.  These worked up really fast.  A one night project...three for all of them!  All it takes is some Lion Cotton in Grape, Sugar in Cream in White (with a little black) and some Peaches & Cream in Orange.

These are the MontMartre Gloves that I made for Chritmas.  I loved the Picot cast on and the double wrap/drop stitches.  These worked up super fast.  I think it only took a few hours each glove.  I used Knit Picks Gloss dk in Blackberry.


Here is the Magic Elf that will be joining the family on Thanksgiving Day.  Until then, he is hanging out watching mostly hockey and Hawaii Five-0!  I used Knit Picks Comfy worsted in Serrano, Cream and Grass.  I added some holiday sparkle poms I purchased at Joann Fabric & Crafts.


And finally Frank!  This pattern was so cute and I was ahead of schedule so I decided to work him up.  I had a partially used skein of Sugar & Cream Hot Green and nearly a full skein of Lion Cotton Grape.  A little black and white and this guy worked up in just a few hours (much faster for the quick draws out there.)

In other news it is quite rainy here right now and we are expecting snow this week!  Just in time for Halloween.  Our corporate office is doing the trick or treat thing on Friday, but I am off (yay!) for a doctor's appointment (boo!) so I won't be participating. 

As if I didn't have enough stuff going on in life, I have decided to try to tackle the family tree over at Ancestry.com.  My mom's side of the tree poplated fast, so I have been working on my dad's side and finally we have some information.  The most interesting thing I have found is that my great grandfather (my dad's dad's dad) beat a man in December 1928 and a week later the man died from that beating.  Wesley was charged and now I am trying to find out the outcome.  I am making a trip to the Archives in mid November.  My aunt said that it was likely my grandfather didn't know about the event as when his mother died, his grandmother raised him.  I have found a photo of his grandmother!  It is quite exciting to see where you come from.

I think this is the earliest I have ever been done shopping for my nephews!  I have all of their Christmas presents and that makes me happy.  I picked up something for Mom today and I have one thing for my sister and one thing for my brother-in-law.  I am trying to make a list of ideas for everyone.  So, it is likely that I won't share the deets here until after Christmas.

Well Sunday is winding down and it is time to start planning for the week ahead.  I hope to be back soon with more to tell and show!

Comments

Popular Posts