Warning: This Post Contains Photos!

I would really love to say that “I can’t believe it has been so long since I have last written”, but in honesty I can’t say that. I realize it has been a long time and I feel guilty about it. But, you didn’t miss a thing! I basically checked out the entire month of July. All the steam I had going into May and June fizzled somewhere around the 4th of July! I finished one book in July! One (1) O-N-E, One! That is beyond disappointing. I didn’t do any studying. And today I paid the ultimate price. I quickly read my final chapter and when I took the test, I miss checked a box and instead of my perfect score, I got a 95%! I am a bit devastated by that. I am vowing to put in the full effort from here on out!


I let my crafting slack as well. I was able to get two projects completed in July, the Princess & the Pea from Itty Bitty Toys and a secret present for my dear sister. I almost eeked out another, but alas it was not meant to be and Orion the Snake clocked in August 2nd.

I got some much needed cleaning done though. For the last few weeks I have been working on getting rid of some stuff, destashing and just cleaning up. My bathroom is done and I am super happy with how it looks. I also rearranged and cleaned up my tiny living room and it is the most relaxing and enjoyable place to be and today I finally just cleaned up the bedroom and the whole package is very enjoyable right now. I was even able to get some crafting in and work up a dishcloth and an itty bitty cloth for a swap I am in.

Work is well work. What is there really to say about it? I have good days, I have slow and long days, and I have frustrating days. Usually the frustrating and slow and long days go hand in hand.

The boys had a spa day last Wednesday. I think I was more happy for them than they were. They were good and they look awesome! We have had some thunderstorms the last few days and Cooper is beside himself with worry. Surprising he seemed less afflicted on Friday when we had an all out storm. The winds hit such speeds as to break a long standing pine tree in half and take down a power line in the next block. We were without power for about an hour and a half and that is a long time for us. It was odd, there was nothing that we could do. After about an hour, I went to check to see how far reaching the outage was. As soon as I got into the alleyway, I could tell it was close and not as far reaching as I had thought, or was it hoped? Anyways, all ended up fine, except for the poor people’s fence and shed.

In just a few short weeks the kids will be heading back to school. How jealous I am sometimes. There are times where I wish I could do it all over again and make different choices. I am fairly happy with my life as it is, but there are some things I would change. Specifically I would change my course of studies in college. I would have been more focused and chosen a much more direct course of study than leaving it so open ended.

I am making changes in my life. It is slow, but I think that I am on the right track and in a year I hope to look back and see a definite difference. But, life is good and I am happy.

I will leave you with a few photos…



Dear sweet Emmaline waiting for the computer

The Princess and the Pea ensemble

Orion, the seemingly orangish snake

Cooper

Elliott (ignore the socks on the floor, this is an old pic)

Oh, my how did that get in here?

Comments

Popular Posts