The Hexaourney

I have embarked on a new journey.  It all started when I was looking for something other than granny squares to make and I stumbled upon the thought of making hexagons.  After searching for a pattern, my darling sister directed me to Attic24's wonderful tutorial and before I knew it I had the pattern memorized.  I am using my cotton scrap yarns in the variegated colors first.  Currently I have 25 hexies completed and I still have a little bit of scrap yarn to use up.  I will have to make a decision about what to do after I have used my scraps.  I have qutie a stash of cotton yarn, both in variegated and solid colors, so I don't fear running out.  But, if I should run out, well I may have to make a gigantic order!  How much fun would that be?!?
I am doing singlets that I will stitch together later, rather than joining as I go.  I am probably one of the only people who loves finishing work!  I love to sew by hand, so the thought of joining all these hexagons is quite appealing to me.  Strage, I know.

So, I settled in this afternoon and measured a handmade quilt that I have to get a rough estimate of what size I am looking to make this hexaghan and utilizing those math skills we thought were ridiculous and a waste of time, I have determined that my target grand total will be 160 hexagons!  I was expecting to have to make WAY more than that.  I am giving myself another week of doing some "fun" stuff before I have to start supplementing with gift crafting.

Here are a few photos of what I have done right now...

And so it began with one of my favorite colorway, Raspberry Swirl


After one evening and one day off


They blend rather well with my quilt, no?


The Leaning Tower of Hexies...I love that my parents are looking on in the background!


And the tower fell...

Comments

Popular Posts