RR: 7th Heaven


THE BLURB


A VERY PUBLIC DISAPPEARANCE

The teenage son of California's ex-governor, Michael Campion has mysteriously vanished. Known as the "Boy with a Broken Heart" because of his incurable heart defect, Michael grew up under the eye of an adoring public. The pressure on Detective Lindsay Boxer to find Michael is overwhelming. When she finally does get a lead, it's devastating...

A DEADLY RASH OF ARSONS

While working on the Campion case, Lindsay and her partner, Rich Conklin, also investigate terrifying fires that are destroying some of the most beautiful homes in San Francisco–and killing their owners in the flames. But when Lindsay invites her friends in the Women's Murder Club to help her uncover the arsonist, the blazes suddenly start to rage much too close to home.

MY REVIEW

This was another fun book to read. The pages just seemed to turn themselves after a while. I do have some knit picking to do though.

First, in the last couple of books during the court proceedings, it frustrates me that when they do the closing arguments, the prosecution goes first. Normally the defense goes first and then the prosecution. It is reverse from the opening statements. I find that very frustrating. I know in this book they talked about Yuki’s “rebuttal” but they didn’t really write it, just as an afterthought.

I liked that this book pushed Lindsay and Joe closer. I can’t tell you how much I want them to be together and have a happily ever after. I fear that Lindsay is going to do something stupid and lose Joe.

A little disappointed they chose to rush Claire’s pregnancy along and not really explore it like they could have. I think it could have been fun and entertaining.

The Campion story did little to really engage me and hold my interest for very long. The arson case, however, was the real meat for me. As much as I love the procedural parts, I really long for the intimate, personal life parts. I am a sucker for the “home life” stuff. What really surprised me was when Claire had the baby, there was no mention of Edmund, her husband being around. An oversight? Or a victim of over editing?

Final Thought: This was a very fast, entertaining read. It captivated me and pushed me to let things slide and finish this book.

Rating: 4.25 out of 5
Recommendation: Fiction fans, Patterson fans, WMC fans



You might be wondering about my rating system when I say that I really liked or loved a book, but then don’t give it a 5. I am a tough grader and to rate a 5, a book really has to make me sad that it didn’t continue. It has to have me begging for more. If I rated all the books I like/love at a 5, then there wouldn’t be any room for a really spectacular book.

Comments

Popular Posts