Flamingo Red Intensity

Well I have really been slacking on posting. I do apologize for that. A few months ago, I was letting things slide because I was busy playing games. Now things are sliding because I am busy reading and studying. I do more of the former than of the latter. I began a study at home Criminal Justice course and I am totally loving it. I am loving it so much that I am going above and beyond and supplementing my course materials with additional texts and internet resources. I have taken two exams so far and have received a perfect score on both of them! That is so exciting for me. I could just take the exam, look up all the answers and be done with it, but I don’t want to cheat myself out of a great learning experience. My method right now is to read each chapter, then re-read and highlight important stuff. Then I make notes off of the highlighted material, type it all up and then take my supplemental learning and expand on concepts. Then I take the test. This last test, I took the test first as a pre-test to see where my knowledge base was and while I didn’t score perfect, I didn’t do as bad as I thought I had done. It is great to see that I have retained some stuff over the years without any formal training in the area. Hindsight is always 20/20 and how I wish I would have changed my major back when I had the chance. But I have this chance now and this is definitely something that, if I were to have one, would be on my bucket list!


I have been doing a ton of reading as well. I know that a book a week doesn’t sound like much, but it really is, when you think that I work all day, or most of the day and then I still try to make time to do the other stuff I want to do. I have read four books in the month of June and am going to try to push myself to get a fifth one done in the next three days! I think I can really do it. Especially since the book is really good!

Crafting, however has taken sort of a back seat to all my learning. I was able to finish up an iPod cozy for a friend to go along with the Poppy bag I did a few months ago. It took me way longer than it should have. And then I couldn’t even really follow the directions, so after a while I just had to make it up as I went along! Frustrating. I got it done though and my friend really liked the set. Yay! I am now starting on another baby Abagail sweater for a new one due soon. I hope to finish up the garter top portion tonight and then start on the lace bottom tomorrow evening. I am taking this week off of “school” for the holiday. *snicker* I would like to get some mattresses made this weekend for the Princess & the Pea set. We will see what happens.

Work has been a bit slow going this month. I am not quite sure why. An entire week where the office was pretty much empty and then just slow with the bills. I thought it would have been a bit more hectic, but I now imagine that will be next month. Our fiscal year ends on Wednesday. Thursday will be like jumping beans around here getting A/R done.

Mom will be heading out to Washington the end of the month to spend some time with my sister and nephews. I think all parties are looking forward to it. I am looking forward to a few days by myself, but not an entire week! Especially in the middle of summer! Long days, hot nights, ugh!

Fireworks went on sale last week and it has just been terrible the past few nights. Poor Cooper is scared on loud noises and these just make him so nervous. He sticks pretty close when in the house. Elliott it doesn’t phase one bit. He is perfectly oblivious to it. I am crossing my fingers that our neighbors won’t partake in the festivities this year. I have to work the day after the 4th because of the way we are set up we get paid for the holiday if it falls on our regular day off. So I really need to have a good night’s sleep. Or at least I want a good night’s sleep.

I am returning to my old medical provider this week. I have tried two others and well neither one worked out for me, so Kathleen said she would take me back. I am so thankful for that. I should be able to get some written prescriptions and then I can get the pharmacy all back in order. It is so messed up right now, they are not even using the right provider for my refills!

Ooh, I got my hair cut yesterday. I was in bad need of a new style and so I found one that I liked, and that was super easy and so I am rocking a bit of a spiky cut. Not super short as in years gone past, but something that has some texture and most importantly, style to it. I also have bangs again. I had been sweeping them off to the side and well that was not working so great for me.

Let’s see what else. Got a new cell phone, a Samsung Intensity in Flamingo Red. It is so pretty. It has a full keyboard too. Yay! I was never much of a texter, but now I do it, I am such a hypocrite. It is great. The only thing is that I lost all of my ringtones . So now I have to find some new ones and I am having a hard time finding some of my favorites. Bummer!

I have been thinking about my writing some more and getting back into the practice. I have some stuff from years gone by that I am thinking about working with again. I have some bad stuff still in existence too, but there are some things that I think I could really improve on and use. Still gathering some background and ideas first. I am at least writing out sketches and ideas. Next I think I will try to outline and flesh something out. That will be a new experience for me. Well not totally new, when I did my short story in college I did an outline and I think that if I do that again, I am most likely to finish something!

Summer has finally hit our area of the world. I could have been totally happy with the cool temps and rain, but everyone else thought it was the end of the world! So now we are sitting in hot cars and stagnant air. Not my idea of fun. I am have a little burn on my shoulders and neck area. I expect it to brown over any day now. I went to my very first football game this weekend. A little game between some of the very daring men who work for my company and a contingent of officers and jailers from the local police department. The police had twice as many players as we did and were in probably a little better shape. But our team won and that is all that matters. Well really what matters is that a lot of people had fun and some money was raised for local causes. I still know next to nothing about football though. I know hockey. I am all hockey all the time. Eh, I don’t think it is likely that we will see them playing hockey.

Well that is all I really have for you right now. I know I have some photos on my camera that I need to get off. I will put that on the list of things to do this week and see if it gets done!

Comments

Popular Posts