FP: Poppy



Finished Project: Poppy

Pattern Source: In Bloom
Begin Date: April 29, 2010
End Date: May 15, 2010
Craft: Crochet
Yarn/Paper/Fabric/Other: Lion Cotton - Poppy - Fat Quarter Fabric from Joann Fabric & Crafts
Needles/Hooks/Other: G hook
Notions: Yo-Yo maker for flower center: snap
Modifications:

The Journey: I saw this on someone’s project page and realized that I had the Happy Hooker book and so I got started straight away. Then it was time to do some swap stuff, so I put this on the back burner for a while and then was able to pick it back up in mid-May. I chose to line the entire bag instead of stopping just below the handles. I think it looks more finished that way. I used a bit of the lining fabric and my new handy dandy yo-yo maker to make the center of the crocheted flower. Instead of pinning the flower on, I sewed it directly on. I added a heavy duty snap (perhaps a little to heavy duty…) as a closure, although it might not really need one.

This is the perfect little bag to take with you to a movie or a quick trip to the store. It would be a fabulous little thank you/hostess gift or a great prize at a bridal or baby shower. I’ve been told that sisters would love one of these for Christmas and I imagine there is a friend or two that wouldn’t mind one either.



Comments

Popular Posts